“ill never go anywhere else”

Hampton Inn Buffalo South/I-90
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in West Seneca
rochester, ny
“ill never go anywhere else”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

my husband and i had such an enjoyable stay back in dec. i decided to go back for a family function, by myself, i have never felt safer. hands down best place to stay. and a fantastic breakfast.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank frptlady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed February 3, 2012

My husband was able to get me a last minute room at a great rate when I got stranded in Buffalo overnight. Check in was fast and seamless. The room was clean and comfortable. Everything you'd expect from a Hilton brand hotel. Breakfast is simplistic. Located perfectly off I90.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ionieal
Somerville, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 1, 2012

This was my second stay at a Hampton Inn, and it was as good as I expected. The room was clean and very comfortable, the check-in was fast, and the morning breakfast was great. We were visiting family in the southtowns, and I was glad to find a good hotel in this area rather than having to stay downtown or near UB North Campus. Would definitely come back again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jon9769
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I recently spent over a week at the Hampton in West Seneca. It's close to my mom's house, so it's perfectly convenient for me when I visit and also provides a much needed escape from family! At first I was apprehensive about the proximity to I-90, but the rooms are completely sound proof- you hear nothing!!! It's very quiet and peaceful. The rooms are perfectly spacious with really good lighting options. The beds are fantastic!!! The bathrooms are very spacious with nice and tall showers!!! So many hotel showers seem designed for short people, but the showers here are super tall with great water pressure (in fact, I am now disappointed in my home shower!).
The front desk and housekeeping staff are so nice and friendly. They do everything they can to make every guest feel welcome and at home. The breakfast is always nice, and I was delighted to find afternoon treats!!! Sometimes, it's nice just to hang out in the lobby on the couches and really have a home feel.
I VERY HIGHLY recommend this Hampton Inn. It's a great convenient location, spacious comfortable rooms and a great staff!
Thank you!
Jennifer C.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Hampton Inn Buffalo South/I-90, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Buffalo South and posting your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted that your stay exceeded your expectations and it is always nice to hear such compliments about our hotel and team.

Again, thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Best Regards,

Indianapolis
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Convenient location (just off I-90 exit 55, can easily get on 219 if you don't want to take the toll road), friendly service, good breakfast (we stayed two nights, and the hot breakfast offered were different) , good sized room, clean, water pressure slightly on the weak side if you are on the top floor.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We did some shopping in the Buffalo area on our way to a conference in Akron, OH. There is a closer Hampton Inn next to the Buffalo Galleria Mall. But we wanted to be close to the I-90 for the next days drive to Akron.

The staff were very pleasant and they quickly got us checked in to our room. The rooms seem over sized compared to other rooms we stayed in over the past few months. The room had a microwave and fridge in this particular unit. The beds are my first checkpoint and they met the grade for comfort. It was quiet in the room for sleeping, despite quite a few guests.

The breakfast had a good selection and the seating area was better than most. Lots of people there for breakfast but it didn't seem crowded. A good stay overall.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robert C
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Hampton Inn Buffalo South/I-90, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Thank you for staying with us recently at the Hampton Inn Buffalo South and posting your experience on TripAdvisor.

We strive everyday to adhere to the bedrock of our Hampton Brand Promise and it always nice to hear that we have once again exceeded our own strict standards for quality and service.

I hope to see you on your next visit. Again Thank you.

Yours In Hospitality,

New York, NY
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I stayed at this Hampton Inn for two nights while traveling on business in November 2011.

The good: front desk and housekeeping staff is very welcoming and friendly. Fresh fruit was constantly available in the lobby, and the complimentary breakfast and evening snacks were a nice touch. I also appreciated the complimentary bottled water in the fitness center (more on the fitness center later). Room was reasonably but not spotlessly clean, and the bed was comfortable enough. I liked that there were cards on the beds indicating that the duvets are freshly washed for each guest. The free wireless internet worked well and was fast.

The not-so-good: this hotel is right off the highway and feels really isolated. As a solo traveler, I would have preferred to have been in a more populated area, and I felt a little confined when I was in the hotel, as going outside for a walk or a quick run was not really an option given the location. The parking lot was dark, which made me a little uneasy when I came in at night. There was no desk or adequate work space in the room. Although there was one very small table on which I could have set up my laptop (although not very comfortably), there was no light bulb in the fixture by the table, so it was too dark to work. Fitness center was very small (two ellipticals, two treadmills, and one stationary bike crammed in a tiny room) and had one communal TV set, which means that everyone in the fitness center is stuck watching whatever show the first person to get there put on.

Conclusion: not the best Hampton Inn I've stayed in. Its close proximity to the expressway would make it a good option for travelers who are just looking for a clean, comfortable place to spend the night, but I did not find it to be very well-suited to business travel. Although I felt there were some shortcomings, the friendliness of the staff definitely made up for some of them.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Hampton Inn Buffalo South/I-90, responded to this review, November 19, 2011
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Buffalo South and posting your experience on TripAdvisor.

I appreciate your kind comments regarding our team and look forward to addressing our shortcomings. I am also pleased to announce that we are on the front side of anticipated development to include shopping and restaurants nearby. We also have one of Buffalo's most beautiful and largest parks which is ideal for jogging just down the street. We would be happy to assist with directions if desired.

Again, Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Yours In Hospitality,

#10 of 22 in Cheektowaga
Best Western Plus The Inn of Lackawanna
Holiday Inn Express Suites Hamburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown

Been to Hampton Inn Buffalo South/I-90? Share your experiences!