“Awful experience from the start!!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca

Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in West Seneca
“Awful experience from the start!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Well booked a 2 bdr suite for one night last week. Check in went smooth upon entering our room I always check the room out for cleanliness. In the room with the one king bed in between the nightstand and bed was clearly visible that someone spilled something it was all over the bed skirt and on the floor. Did not even look like it had been attempted to be clean. Did not want to stay in that room so the front desk did apologize and offered another 2 bdr suite to us everything seem to be clean in this room that was until I was just about to get into the bed to sleep noticed there was a bug crawling on the sheet called my husband in from the living area and he confirmed it was a bed bug I was totally disgusted and had to pack up my 4 kids around 1am and leave the hotel and cut our family getaway short do to in clean conditions at this hotel.the next day was spent at the laundromat cleaning and disposing of clothes that the kids were wearing that day. For such a newer hotel was expecting a very clean atmosphere for me and my children. Will never stay again

• Stayed April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Luckygirl22
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
I want to extend our apologies on behalf of myself and our team. There is no excuse for the experience that you had while staying with us and I accept full responsibility.

We took immediate corrective action and we can only attempt to make up for our shortcomings by learning from them. I apologize that we ruined your weekend getaway.
I am proud of our hotel and our dedicated team and this happens to be a time that I am embarrassed as is the rest of our team.

The experience you had is not indicative of the thousands of people that have stayed with us but our goal is to satisfy every guest every time.

Again, my sincerest apologies and we do hope that you will reconsider and stay with us again as our guest.

Vice President & General Manager-Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Rochester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stay here a lot for business. Staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and the suite is very homelike. Food is decent. You can't beat a hotel that has something ready for dinner with a beer or glass of wine. Breakfast has excellent choices healthy, hot or cold. Great hotel, very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cathleen R
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Staybridge Sutes Buffalo South. I sincerely appreciate your business and taking the time to share your experience on the World's Largest Travel Review Site, Tripadvisor.

The best compliment to receive is the endorsement of our guests. I will be sure to share your review with our entire team.

I hope to see you on your next visit.

Thanks Again,

Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

At the last minute on a Friday evening my wife and I decided to just hop in the car and get away for an overnight break. Not many hotels had openings and we just happened across the Staybridge Suites in West Seneca. The reviews seemed positive and we booked it ($129). And so glad we did!

The reception area is small, but the staff are very friendly and more than eager to help with any questions or concerns we had.

The hotel is spotless. You can really tell that the staff take great care to keep the place clean. The halls have a nice pleasant smell and the hotel seemed very quite.

On entering the room we were very surprised at how well the room is laid out and how modern everything is. And again, it was incredibly clean. The kitchenette area looked like it had never been used. We had somehow booked a handicapped accessible room so that bathroom was massive. Colours in the room were very appealing.

The room came equipped with a queen sized bed, a large flat screen TV, CD player, a couch, and a work desk, and a radio that can charge your iPod. There were a selection of pillow types as well, which was nice since I prefer feather pillows and my wife likes foam. The bed is very comfortable so no problem getting a good nights sleep.

The kitchen is very well equipped with a full-sized fridge, stove, microwave, and dishwasher. The cupboards were stocked with dish soap and soap for the dishwasher as well as higher end pots and pans as well as utensils. We were very impressed by the quality. And a nice touch was the microwave popcorn that is supplied for a night of relaxing.

Internet access is free and is supplied either by a hard line connection or wireless, your choice. The connection is strong and available throughout the hotel (pool, laundry, breakfast area).

Pool
There is a nice sized pool and hot tub. Warning....the hot tub is HOT! You get used to it but its a shocker at first. The pool area is kept clean and well stocked with towels. We really liked that the pool is open from 6:00 AM until midnight. It meant we could go down later in the evening when most kids are in bed and enjoy some quite time in the hot tub.

Other Amenities
There are free laundry facilities with modern machines, a small gym, a business room with access to a computer and printer and a mini theater with big comfy chairs to watch movies as a group. On the day we were there a few families were organizing a movie night for any kids that wanted to join in.

Breakfast
The hotel offers a nice free hot breakfast buffet. On the day we were there they served sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs, corned beef hash as well as the usual assortment of pastries and breads. There was also the standard make-your-own waffle machine. Hot and cold cereals were available along with yogurt, cottage cheese and fresh fruit. To drink you had the choice of various coffees, teas, juices and soda.

Location
The hotel is just of the I90 in a residential kind of area. It is located directly across the street from Wegmans, Tops and a Kmart. We didn't really see any restaurants nearby except a Wendy's and Tim Hortons.
Its only a 10 minute drive to Walden Galleria, 5 minutes to McKinley Park Mall, about 5 minutes to Ralph Wilson Stadium, and 10 - 15 minutes from Buffalo Airport

Since our first stay there we came back and brought our kids who loved the pool and the hotel. This has now become our hotel of choice when staying overnight in the Buffalo area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SookieStackhouse
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Staybridge Suites Buffalo South and share your experience on the worlds largest travel site, TripAdvisor.

Your review and endorsement is the best type of advertising we can receive so I just fired our advertising agency. I am kidding of course, although your review does make us all feel like we are on our way to satisfying "Every Guest Every Time."

Thanks for the nice comments and we will see you on your next visit.

Best Wishes,

Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stay here each time we come to Hamburg to visit our Grandkids as it's warm, convenient, welcoming and suits all of needs - we love the welcoming log fire when we come in from the snow! Sarah Bishop (Front Desk Supervisor) and her team are always delightful and always welcome us back with a smile and friendly greeting. As usual, we got the two bedroom suite as we travel with my elderly Mother. It's not inexpensive but it is a great place to stay. Only had a minor issue this trip of a light bulb being missing from the master bedroom but we just took one from the lounge and switched it out! I have to give kudos to Kevin Verrall, President and GM of Staybridge who responds to each review placed on Trip Advisor - nice to know they care. When I last reviewed this hotel in November 2012, I commented that the hot foods in the breakfast area were never hot. This stay everything was hot and the scrambled eggs had improved dramatically so thank you Kevin for listening and responding! I was super impressed as you normally don't expect hoteliers to listen and take notice to you but he did! As always the breakfast bar is wonderful with tons of choices; this time the oatmeal ran out and instead of making us wait for the whole new vat to be made, the lady in the kitchen area personally made two bowls of oatmeal for my Mum and me.....amazing service and caring staff make this place a gem. The breakfast bar also has eggs, bacon or sausage, fabulous fresh fruit, lite yogurts, lots of carb options - bread, bagels, muffins and hard boiled eggs. There is something for everyone. The rooms are just perfect, it has everything you need and we will be coming back as long as our son and his family remain living in this area. Thanks to all at Staybridge - a brand is only as good as the people behind it and you guys are the best!

Room Tip: As for a room away from the highway - it can get a bit noisy in the morning on a week day.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mwooduk
Thank you for your kind words about our Staybridge Suites Buffalo South, our team and myself.

Your review made our entire team feel special and we are glad that we are able to make your stay memorable time and again. Thank you for your continued confidence in our product, people and overall hospitality.

We value your business and your feedback. See you again soon.

Yours In Hospitality,

sosijp
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We arrived much earlier than expected and decided to just hang out until it was time for check in. Sarah Bishop (front desk supervisor) was working at that time. She was so gracious and courteous. She went above and beyond all of our expectations. We were able to have breakfast and relax in the lounge area watching a little TV. She provided us with another room until ours was ready, as it was not yet. Check in was quick and simple.
Our room was perfect! 2 dbl bed suite. Not a large living room, but large enough to watch tv and enjoy. Kitchen set up was perfect. Bed and bath was just right. There was a TV in the liv. rm and in the bedroom, which was a plus. The pillows were incredible, if they sold them there I would have purchased one! All of us were in agreeance with that. Beds were so comfortable. The room in all was in seemingly perfect condition, immaculate. One of the few times the room looks just like the photo! Bedding and all. Everything was very up to date.
Went to the pool and the temp. was perfect for swimming (felt like 82?) and the hot tub was super hot more like 104. Was nice, not busy at all. Just one other family there.
There was a small business center, enough to meet your needs and a theatre room which was awesome. The seats were so comfortable and looked like new, temp was very cozy and it was very clean.
I loved that we had juice, soda, coffee and tea complimentary all day and night. Very convenient. There was a little pantry type shop beside the front desk that was stocked with everything I could want to snack on. Ice-cream, different sodas, chips, chocolate to toiletries, meds, etc.
Parking was very convenient. Lots of space. 2 exits I believe from Walden Galleria mall, but there is some shopping to the south also at another mall area (McKinnley?) that was excellent also (Toys r us, etc).
We loved this hotel, it's a first for me at Staybridge, but not a last. I will go out of my way to find one wherever we go. The rate definitely made all the difference, if it were higher I would likely pass. I can't wait till our next trip! Thank you Sarah.

Room Tip: We were in room 302 which was way far away from the elevator. I liked that it was beside the emerge...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank sosijp
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Staybridge Suites Buffalo South and posting such kind words regarding your stay experience on the world’s largest travel site TripAdvisor. The best compliment we can receive is the endorsement from our past guests along with their commitment to stay with us again..

I will be sure to share your comments with Sarah and our entire team.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

Yours In Hospitality,

White Lake, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

This hotel is very clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. Laundry is free, they have a light dinner Tuesday - Thursday and a nice breakfast everyday. Rooms and beds are very comfortable. I spend a lot of time in Buffalo and this is by far my favorite hotel in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Grabow

Thank for staying at the Staybridge Suites Buffalo South. We value your continued commitment to our hotel and I do hope that you are enjoying all of the benefits of your Priority Club status.

Our hotel is the ideal choice for people doing business in Buffalo as our location makes us central to everywhere. As you are aware Buffalo is the "20 Minute City" meaning one can get anywhere in Western New York in 20 minutes. Our location off of I-90 exit 55w is perfect for doing business anywhere in Western New York.

Again, Mr. Grabow we appreciate your business and we will see you on your next visit.

Best Wishes,

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Wow, this was such an amazing place.... There were 4 women travelling and we got stranded in Buffalo for a nite and checked out 3 hotels and this one won hands down... Little bit higher in price than the others BUT..we all got a full course supper ncluding beer and wine plus
breakfast. So for the few dollars more than just a room (19.00) to be exact. we couldn't go wrong. We were all very impressed when we walked into our 1 bdrm. suite. It was absolutley Beautiful.... We will all stay there again for sure....And the staff were all very friendly... absolutely NO complaints. The rooms & lobby were all very clean.. It gets a 10 from all of us!!!!

THANK-YOU TO ALL STAYBRIDGE EMPLOYEES!!!!

Room Tip: I don't think it really matters. Once you stay at Staybridge...it will be very hard to stay anyw...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us at the Staybridge Suites Buffalo South and sharing your experience with the traveling public on TripAdvisor.

While our all suite hotel with full kitchens is convenient for everyone, guests staying for 7 nights or longer find superb value in our hotel. We like to say "Just bring your toothbrush" as we have everything else you will need including free laundry!

Again, thank you for your nice comments and your business.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Seneca
Comfort Inn Cheektowaga
#10 of 22 in Cheektowaga
Holiday Inn Express Suites Hamburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown

Been to Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca? Share your experiences!