“Great last minute stay”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in West Seneca
Northern maine
“Great last minute stay”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

My wife and I made reservations while traveling heading back to Maine. Buffalo was the arrea that we would end up in near the end of our driving day so we called IHG to make reservations using points.
I asked for a room located off I-90 in the Buffalo area. I'm so glad we reserved at this property. We were welcomed at check-in by a very friendly staff. We received a 1 bedroom suite as well as a goody bag for being IHG platinum. We were also given a chance to spin a wheel for an extra amenity. I won 1,000 Priority Club points(allthough the points have not posted and the manager has not answered my email to date.)
Anyway, we have not stayed at IHG properties over the last few years but have heard good things about IHG trying to improve their hotel quality consistancy problem so we thought we would burn some of the points we have accumulated over the years.
Wow! I'm glad this is where we ended up. We had a 2 room suite which had all kitchen amenities(think Marriott Residence Inn), a sofa, 2 televisions in each room. Free Wi-Fi was also included. One of the rooms was missing a remote control and they sent someone up right away to replace it. This was more than we expected. The room was extra clean.
When I asked directions for a restaurant in the area, the receptionist actually went to the computer to print out directions and also offered that her parents had gone to the same restaurant for Italian food(Mulberry's in Lackawanna) a few weeks previous and had a very good meal. Her parents were right and the food and ambiance of that restaurant reminded me of being back in Little Italy in NYC.
Here are my only complaints about the property-poor water volume in the shower and the room has motion sensors, so if you don't move the A/C shuts off after 5 minutes.
Maybe its due to old age but my wife and I obviously don't move as much as we used to and found the room at 77 degrees when I woke up at 1:00 in the morning. It was hard for me to get back to sleep since I had to wave my hand every few minutes to show that we were still alive to get the A/C to stay on. When I inquired about this the next morning, I was hoping that it was due to my overlooking instructions but was told that this was an energy saving feature as was the water volume in the shower. I'm all for saving energy but this was ridiculous. I was given the programmed response-" I'll report this to management ".
We slept late the next morning so we didn't experience breakfast.
My overall opinion of this property is still a 5 because of the attentive staff, the attractive accomodations and all the free amenities that go along with staying here. If we are in the area again, this is where were staying.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank spudpicker1
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager at Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Thank you for staying at the Staybridge Suites Buffalo South and posting your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable and also wanted to express my gratitude to you for bringing the water pressure issue to my attention. We did correct it immediately and it didn't have anything to do with water savings.

Again, Thank you for you business.

Vice President & General Manager-Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We've stayed here when visiting family and friends. We get a one bedroom suite that has a sofabed in the living room. The biggest drawback is the fact that the bathroom is in the bedroom, so when our kids wake up they come into the bedroom and then everyone is awake. The shower nozzle and water pressure are the worst, but other than that this is a decent hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca, responded to this review, August 7, 2011
Thank you for staying at the Staybridge Suites Buffalo South and posting your overall positive experience on TripAdvisor. I will look into the water saver on the shower and make the necessary adjustment to make sure that our next guest does receive adequate water pressure. I sincerely apologize for the poor water pressure you received and I am thankful to you for bringing it to my attention.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Monaghan
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We (a couple in our 60s)stayed here for over two weeks, at short notice, because of sickness in our extended family. The room had all we needed - even a dishwasher. The laundry facilities were excellent. The breakfast was very good as was dinner, wine, wine, beer etc 3 evenings per week. And all these facilities were included in the room price. When we had to extend our stay it was heartening to find that the nightly rate got cheaper the longer we stayed.
To crown all that - the staff were very friendly, helpful and efficient. The pool was good for keeping stress at bay.
Thanks Staybridge - we'll be back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
Thank you for posting on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you staying with us at the Staybridge Suites Buffalo South and we are grateful that you took the time to tell the traveling public about your great experience at our all suite extended stay hotel.

We are glad that we were able to be of service to you during a difficult time and we do hope that we have the opportunity to serve you under better circumstances. Again Thank You.

Best Regards,

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2011

If you're staying for over a week at one place, you cant get anything better than this! I've stayed here for a good 2 months last year and three weeks this Feb and it was just perfect. The suite comes with a kitchenette complete with utensils, a refrigerator, microwave and even a dishwasher! There are big flat screen TVs in both the living room and the bedroom, sufficient storage cupboards, a wardrobe and an en suite shower. The room comes with free wifi, free use of laundry service (do it yourself type), free parking, heated swimming pool, a hot tub and a fitness center. There is complimentary breakfast everyday and a free sun-downers three days a week. The hotel staff is very courteous and friendly.

If all the stuff above is not enough, the hotel is just off the i90 freeway and is minutes away from Buffalo downtown. There are shops like Tops, Wegmans (Local supermarket chains), K Mart and a few other restaurants. Having said all that, just like anywhere else in the US, you have got to have your own car to get around!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank row_heath
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca, responded to this review, June 25, 2011
Thank you for your staying at the Staybridge Suites Buffalo South and posting such nice comments regarding both your extended stays on TripAdvisor.

It is the "Voice of our satisfied guests" that is the best form of advertising, and for that we are thankful.

Again, thank you for staying with us, posting on Tripadvisor, and your loyalty to the Staybridge Suites Buffalo South.

Best Regards,
Ontario
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Stayed here MANY times great when first opened, going downhill fast.
Changed / cancelled reservation one day's notice ..... Not willing to help manager said they are privately owned.?
Will never book here again, stay at the Staybridge Buffalo Airport.
Should be a budget hotel!

• Stayed June 2011
5 Thank lik2travel2009
Thank you for posting on TripAdvisor.

On behalf of our entire team I sincerely apologize for the substandard experience that you encountered. We pride ourselves on serving every guest and we obviously failed you.

If you would ever give us the opportunity to regain your trust I would be honored to speak with you personally on my mobile at 716-553-7556 or the hotel 716-939-3100.

Hamilton, Ontario
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Excellent breakfast, nice spacious rooms. We won't stay anywhere else when we go to Buffalo.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager at Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
Thank you for your post on Tripadvisor and staying with us at the Staybridge Suites Buffalo South.

We sincerely appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed April 21, 2011

staff was very informative and polite,room was better than expected,flat screen tv,dvd hmdi player cable no problems with speed or connection free in room wifi,the micro ,coffie maker ,fridg,stove microwave gave us a pleasant stay.with a 25-30 minute drive to the falls
I would not stay any place else.
John and supranee martin
04/21/2011

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
KevinVerrall, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
Thank you for your nice comments on Tripadvisor. I will be sure to share your kind comments with our entire team here at the Staybridge Suites-Buffalo South.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Vice President & General Manager
Comfort Inn Cheektowaga
#10 of 22 in Cheektowaga
Holiday Inn Express Suites Hamburg
Home2 Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport/Galleria Mall

Been to Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca? Share your experiences!