“Clearly one of the worst steak houses on the island for your money”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of 21 Main Steak House - CLOSED

21 Main Steak House
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
West Babylon, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Clearly one of the worst steak houses on the island for your money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

I've recently dined here and was very disappointed. I've been to almost all steak houses on Long Island and would have to say this has been my least favorite out of all. Me and a date had gone there the other night and I always order my usuall porterhouse and my date had ordered a filet. When I placed my order I asked for medium rare with a nice charge on the outside and she had ordered hers medium we had also ordered the lobster tail. When our food had arrived her steak was Rare done and mine was not only well done but taste as though the meat was bad. I'm not one to complain being in the service industry myself but when you pay that much for a steak you expect it to be cooked right. When I told my waitress about my steak she said she would get the manager , now when the manager came over he shrugged like it was no big deal and said it was fine clearly I can tell the difference between pink center and brown all the way through I just think he did not wanna be bothered. In my opinion the service was ok but the second there's a problem nobody wanted to be bothered and pretended like nothing was wrong. In my opinion I will never go back there again and to whomever is looking for a much better steak and quality of service I would suggest tellers which is 5 min down the road with much much better food and service.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Kieron T

“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Our family dined at 21 Main after a memorial service for our dad. When I called to arrange for this event, John, the Executive Chef was front and center in taking care of us. He made our sad day so easy; taking care of the room set up for our guests as well as a menu that wowed us!!, Lastly the service was spot on....we all left that lovely place very pleased....thank you..... Kellie. Selden NY

Visited January 2014
Ronkonkoma
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

While the food was good, the entree portions were way too small for the cost. My sons risotto was extremely starchy, my serving of skirt steak was already sliced and a very small section, calamari too soft. With a bill of $273 before the tip, (2 adults, 2 children) you would think they would have offered my me and my husband a cordial or at the very least comp my piece of birthday cake (and it was my birthday). And as a side note, when I mentioned how disappointed I was no one seemed to care. With so many other lovely eateries (where customers are appreciated) on Long Island, we won't be back.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Montauk M
East Moriches, New York
“4th NY Eve”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Excellent food /Steaks especially. Service fair this year, good to excellent years past,
Reservation made a month in advance but still got stuck at a table near the entry, slightly drafty.

• Visited December 2013
Patchogue, New York
“A bit disappointing....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

I visited 21 Main this past Friday night. I called at 6:45 to see if I needed reservations and the person who answered the phone said yes. She could get me in at 8:30 but there was a bar if we wanted to come earlier and wait there. Upon arrival at about 7:45 my guest and I waited for the hostess for what in my mind was way to long, considering the restaurant was less than 1/4 filled with guests. She finally told us we could wait at the bar and would let us know when a table was available. This seemed odd since there were so many open tables. We assumed they must have been expecting a lot of 8:00 reservations. We took a seat at a bistro table by the bar and ordered a drink. Approximately 20 minutes later we were seated in a corner of the restaurant at very, very small table still and no additional dinners had arrived. We felt rushed and the waiter was a bit abrupt. The food was good, (although for a calling themselves a steak house, I think there was only 2 or maybe 3 steaks on the menu) but the décor was old. When we departed at about 9:30, there had been no other diners to arrive at the restaurant. For the price of the meal, considering the service and the atmosphere I will probably not return to 21 Main in Sayville. It does look lovely from the outside though.

• Visited December 2013