“Best kept secret”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Four star style dining at chain restaurant prices. Both the management and the staff appear to be the same over the years. Easily one of the best places to take out of town guests. Waiters seem to make an effort to make each visit special. Can't imagine anyone being disappointed.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I try to get to Stonehedge at least once a month. The food is consistently good, and cooked to order Prices are very fair. The chef will try to do his best to cook what you want and how you want it.

1  Thank D0rinda
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Had the special- Barramundi fish with the most delicious crumb coating I have ever tasted. The au gratin potatoes and family style veggies were also good. The chef here is CIA trained and everything is cooked to order. The value was great - better than the CIA restaurants at half the price!

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Well I started with a reservation for four for a Sat nite @ 7pm they were booked and said 8 would be better, either 6 or 8, he could tell I was disapointed and said not to worry he could work it out for 7:30, good, so our friends got there first as my husband and I were on the way to thier house for dinner, I pretended I needed to have a rest stop, and offered to buy him a cocktail, well we walked in and our friends were at the bar, and our table was ready. While making the initial reservation I asked about a cake and candles, they were so abliging and said sure and asked what kind i wanted well hadn't thought about that yet, so he said don't worry there's plenty of time, and that it would be coming from a bakery, so Tues before the Sat party I called and asked for a strawberry short cake, and offered to pay for it, they don't know me, I'm not a regular there, yet, and they were so kind and said no don't worry will just add it on to your bill, well I thought that's odd but pleased. Well after we sat down and were made so comfortable by our server Jeff, the evening went beautifully the food was amazing and we really didn't expect it to be good never mind amazing, our server was wonderful, and everyone was so happy none of us had been there before, but will all ge going regularly from now on. Our usual haunts are Le Cannard, The Beekman, Armadillo, Bowery Dugout, Terrapin, GiGi's, but this was so outstanding we will be coming here from now on for everything, when Jeff brought out the cake with the candels My husband was so surprised and felt so special just llike a child, we and the whole restaurant sang happy birthday, and it was the perfect ending to a fantastic meal, even the coffee was outstanding the cake coudln't have been better fresher huge fresh strawberrys, just amazing. The other items we had were the prime rib, so delicious, so tender so jucy such a terrific cut really perfect couldn't have finner anywhere else at all, my husband and best friend had the softshell crabs, again outstanding, our other party had surf and turf that he loved. the salad dressings were amazingly homemade and just perfect , we had two bottles of California Merlot that were wonderful, all in all a tremendous evening, gourmet food, good service, excelent ambiance and prices that don't break the bank, it was amazing, have paid so much more for so much less. Wonderful staff, food,service, accomodation. Amazing can't wait to go back ! Best place up here for a gathering, or and intimate dinner very romantic. See you soon. Must try you will be soo happy you did.

1  Thank dinablue
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Always one of my favorite restaurants! Great service, wonderful food!