“Cheap, quiet, near all major highways”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Nyack Motor Lodge

Nyack Motor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Nyack
Clinton Corners, New York
“Cheap, quiet, near all major highways”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

For $49.99 plus tax it wasn't bad. Not recommend for a "take the whole family" stay. This motel is more of a pitstop, someone driving all day/a trucker/hooker stop etc..to spend the night. The rooms are okay, kinda reminds you of a very small studio with out a kitchen area. The bed in my room was a full size, my husband and I were ok with it and were both heavy people (he 215, me well let's not get into me..lol), bed was all springs. You have a stand up shower, older style sink and a small toilet, a basic small bathroom. Towels and linens were very clean but from previous use had cigarette burn marks. The room was very clean however, no complaints there. Check out is at 11am, very friendly staff. Lastly, it is located directly across the street from the Palisades Mall, so that's a plus, as well as major highways I-87, 287 and others.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank jlg72085

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

I recently spent a night at this motel when I had car trouble and was stranded for the night. My room was very small, but it was clean. The room only had the very basics: one small bed, a table, chair, and a T.V. My room lacked some basic amenities that one can find at most motels. For example, there was a bar of soap in the shower, but no shampoo or lotion. In the room, there was no alarm clock, or coffeemaker. Sadly, there wasn't even a closet. I had to put my coat on a peg which was hanging on the wall! The security at this motel is minimal. The doors have the old fashioned lock-and key which could be a safety issue for people staying on the first floor.
The walls are very thin, and I could hear the conversation of the people in the next room. Word for word. Also the motel is right next to the highway, and the sound the big trucks passing by kept my awake half of the night. I would not recommend staying at this motel unless you are 1. Extremely budget conscious and can't afford better. 2. You like to rough it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Diane-Massacusetts

Travelers are raving about these West Nyack hotels

upstate NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2010

Had to stay over for 1 night and needed something low-cost. This place was just the ticket...Clean, comfortable, and cheap. Usually for the price you'd end up in a roach-motel, but this was good, and in fact the bed was so comfortable and the sheets smelled so good, I burrowed in and slept wonderfully.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank pegasus2017
Stratford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2010

This is an old-fashioned motel that is spotlessly clean. The staff is friendly. Well worth the stay if you are budget conscious. Only negative comment I can make is that the security is minimal. The doors have keys, as an example.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank godolnj
Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2009

Considering the hotel had the lowest rates in the area, it's a great value for the money compared to other local rates. Usually the cheapest place in town is a Roach Motel, but not this one. Although the place is older, it's been kept up pretty well, and I feel clean and safe. It's no Marriot or Embassy, but I never expected that.

The hotel staff was very friendly to me and even seemed interested in getting to know me. I had some packages I needed and they accepted them for me and held them until I got in.

They gave me a break on their published rate for staying a week at a time, as opposed to nightly, since I was working for several weeks at the Palisades mall - which I could walk to! They do consider a week to be 7 days, and do not have a 5-day rate like some places.

No microwave or fridge in the rooms, but I just used my ice chest and they let me use the microwave in the employee break room. After only a day or two there, I would just let myself right into the back as if I worked there too. They are pet friendly and didn't even charge me a deposit or anything for having my cat w/ me the entire time.

The place was pretty quiet, except for some random noises here and there - which I think were from it being an older building. There seemed to be some periodic noise coming from the roof (I was on the 2nd floor & it had a suspended ceiling, which isn't known for its sound-proof qualities). So if you are a really light sleeper, you might have a little trouble, but it's really not bad.

Water pressure/flow in the shower left just a little to be desired, but was nothing I couldn't live with. Overall, great value for the $.

• Liked — Location and $
  • Disliked — No fridge or microwave in room
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Carpenter_gurl
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2007

Nyack Motor Lodge is conveniently located across the street of the Palisades Shopping Center where we had to come for business on numerous occasions this winter. So, we chose this motel. The reception is open 24 hours, so late check-in or use of the microwave in the wee hour was with no problems. The rooms are big, beds are very nice to sleep, although we found queen size beds (in double-double rooms) to be a bit smaller. Bathrooms were clean, clean towels, new soaps etc. on daily basic.
Overall, it is a good basic motel. It would be better if you get a microwave and a fridge or at least a coffee machine in the room. We paid $85 per night for 2 people, for 3 people is about $10 extra.

• Liked — Convenient location for business in Palisades Shopping Center
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Dani052
#1 of 2 in Spring Valley
Hampton Inn Nanuet
Hampton Inn Nanuet
#2 of 5 in Nanuet

Been to Nyack Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!