“Burgers with a twist but no wow!”

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Ranked #16 of 54 Restaurants in West Nyack
NorthEast
“Burgers with a twist but no wow!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stopped in to try out their advertised variety of burgers. The problem was that there is no wow factor with the extra toppings. There was barely a hint of guacamole on one burger, the whiskey river burger tasted more like typical BBQ sauce and the blue burger had only a touch of biting bleu cheese; too mild. The bottomless fries were meaty, but bland with a touch of some spices. Service was appropriately attentive. The wait for the burgers was 13 minutes.

• Visited June 2014

Westchester
“No Yum, no food, no good.”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

On one of those nights when you wander about the mall and nothing sounds like what you really want (you all know that feeling) Red Robin seemed to be the best option: not overly crowded, diverse enough menu. Seemed like we'd be OK at 8:45 on a Saturday night. Little did we know what we were in for.

Now, I am not damning the whole operation - but when 3 tables are seated AFTER you, and served BEFORE you, you know there's an issue with the server and manager. I couldn't get a great read on the waiter - he seemed nice enough and looked like he was hustling, but we never got silverware setups til AFTER the food arrived, and he never took away empty glasses when dropping off the number of drink refills we got , and quite honestly, the drinks were the best part of the meal: Big Plus for Freckle Lemonade.

Once we realized it was almost 45 minutes waiting for two burgers, and two apps (chili cheese fries and wings + chips) we asked for a manager. He seemed in over his head with regards to handling personnel. He was very nice, apologetic, and eventually ended up comping the entire check. But I think he needs to have a better approach to getting his staff to be accountable. He all but called his waiter a liar when telling us that the ticket wasn't entered properly. I have to wonder if this waiter has alienated the kitchen staff to the int where the bump his tickets out?

So once the food DID arrive - disappointment. Cold sweet potato fries on the sides of the burgers. The burgers themselves were adequate, nothing special or outstanding, What was listed on the menu as guacamole was mixed in with the lettuce and hard to discern. The chili cheese fries had cold fries under hot chili - I am not sure how you do that? The chili itself was mushy, and tasted old. The fries & cheese were topped with raw sliced jalapeno - not the best taste. Most places you will get a pickled jalapeno which softens the texture and brings out the flavor, reducing that "green" taste. The wings themselves were cooked nicely, but had too much sauce pooling into the chips. Not a great combination of items in hindsight.

Not sure if I would give RR another shot. Seems like there are other providers (TGiFridays, Applebee's, et. al.) in the same arena that are outperforming Red Robin. I hope the manager here can step up and crack a whip. In reading some other reviews of this location, I think it is much in need.

• Visited May 2014
Bronxville, New York
“Not a great burger”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I went here expecting a wonderful burger and boy was i dissapointed. I ate more bun than burger and it had no flavor at all. The only good thing I can say was our waitress was very nice.

Visited April 2014
New Jersey
“Bottomless Fries”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This was our second time at a Red Robin and the first in this location. We tried to get in on Saturday night around 10:30pm when the mall was closing at midnight and we were told the kitchen was closed. We were a little shocked being that it was the weekend before Christmas and the mall it self was open until midnight. We went back the next day for lunch. We got seated pretty quick. I ordered a chicken sandwich and wanted cole slaw and was also going to order fries. Our waiter informed me that since all fries are bottomless that he would give me the cole slaw as my side and then when they came around for refills on the fries I could get some. I did just that and it worked out great!

• Visited December 2013
New York City, New York, USA
“Stay Away”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Where do I start with everything that went wrong?! Our waiter should not be a waiter. The service is horrendous. Our waiter was literally jiving at us when he was taking our orders. This guy (well actually more like a kid) should not be waiting. He was too young, inexperienced, un-attentive and just didn't know what the hell he was doing. I am not from the hood and I don't want a waiter talking to me like I am, especially when I am with my family. I could see people who this would appeal to but not at this venue, not this restaurant chain and definitely not when we are sitting down to eat as a family. So although he took our orders down (wrote them in his little book) our orders came out wrong 3 times in a row - yes! My wife has a gluten allergy and my oldest has a peanut allergy and although they do have a lot to offer as a restaurant I wouldn't trust the people who work there to get this right. When dealing with allergies you need to pay attention. Low and behold, my wife who orders a burger and side salad, got a gluten free burger with a gluten free bun but with croutons in her salad - seriously? The burger came with cheese when we specifically asked for no cheese. I asked for a burger with no cheese which also came with cheese. Food was very slow to come out. Second time they brought our food out I got my burger with Mayo which I never asked for and specifically told them not to. You see where this is going? Besides the terrible service and the terrible kitchen, the bathrooms are too small, the acoustics are horrendous and it's very noisy - this was not the Red Robin I remember growing up out west. The manager tried to do his best to fix everything, but with such terrible staff this place has failure written all over it - what a shame because the food is tasty once it does come out and the allergy sensitive menu is a great option for those who suffer from severe allergies... needs much improvement before I return there!

• Visited October 2013