“Stay Away”

Ranked #16 of 54 Restaurants in West Nyack
New York City, New York, USA
“Stay Away”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Where do I start with everything that went wrong?! Our waiter should not be a waiter. The service is horrendous. Our waiter was literally jiving at us when he was taking our orders. This guy (well actually more like a kid) should not be waiting. He was too young, inexperienced, un-attentive and just didn't know what the hell he was doing. I am not from the hood and I don't want a waiter talking to me like I am, especially when I am with my family. I could see people who this would appeal to but not at this venue, not this restaurant chain and definitely not when we are sitting down to eat as a family. So although he took our orders down (wrote them in his little book) our orders came out wrong 3 times in a row - yes! My wife has a gluten allergy and my oldest has a peanut allergy and although they do have a lot to offer as a restaurant I wouldn't trust the people who work there to get this right. When dealing with allergies you need to pay attention. Low and behold, my wife who orders a burger and side salad, got a gluten free burger with a gluten free bun but with croutons in her salad - seriously? The burger came with cheese when we specifically asked for no cheese. I asked for a burger with no cheese which also came with cheese. Food was very slow to come out. Second time they brought our food out I got my burger with Mayo which I never asked for and specifically told them not to. You see where this is going? Besides the terrible service and the terrible kitchen, the bathrooms are too small, the acoustics are horrendous and it's very noisy - this was not the Red Robin I remember growing up out west. The manager tried to do his best to fix everything, but with such terrible staff this place has failure written all over it - what a shame because the food is tasty once it does come out and the allergy sensitive menu is a great option for those who suffer from severe allergies... needs much improvement before I return there!

• Visited October 2013

Wayne, New Jersey
“Red Robin - Great, Clean, Happy Place - Burgers are okay.”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I've been wanting to try the burger at the Red Robin chain for years and all the planets finally aligned today. I went to the Nyack NY location in the Palisades Park Mall, it's fairly new, I'd guess only a few months old. Not only was the place immaculate, I honestly can't remember ever having a nicer, happier, more helpful staff in any restaurant, anywhere. They made it a pleasure to eat there (which can sometimes make up for shortcomings in other areas). With that said, I was a bit disappointed when our excellent waiter, Mike L. told me they cook the meat two ways, pink or no pink. : (
So, pink it was. I remained optimistic even with this little ordering irritation and when my Oktoberfest burger was served, it was actually a very good representation of all the glamour shots of the burger I'd been seeing in the media up till now. All the toppings tasted fresh but what I came away with was a decent, burger, slightly bland and definitely unexceptional. I thought it strange and almost a shame, especially since the RR folks start off with good, fresh meat. (No preservatives. No antibiotics. No hormones and No trans fats). And no seasonings. Although that statement is not entirely fair, they do give you there signature "Red Robin Seasoning" on the table, but I don't want my burger to taste like that, I just think salt mixed into the precooked meat and some black pepper on the outside once it leaves the grill to prevent it from burning goes a really long way down flavor highway. I also thought it was a bit strange to have a burger come off a charbroil grill and not have any charbroil flavor whatsoever. Anyhow, it was a decent lunch and overall a nice experience....
RR gets an 8 out of 10 rating which amounts to a "good" on the BC rating scale.

See my full review with photos here:

• Visited October 2013
Orangeburg, New York
“Red Robin Disappoints”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Went with a friend who eats at the Red Robin in Pennsylvania by Sesame Place. I ordered the red white and blue and it was absolutely awful. Tasted like they used mayonnaise for dressing. Absolutely awful! I would have given it zero stars except for the fact our waiter was extremely pleasant and apologetic.

• Visited September 2013
Boynton Beach, Florida
“It's burgers”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Large selection of burgers, cooked to order. Fries were decent. Nice enough place, nothing to get too excited about. After all, it is still just a burger.

• Visited August 2013