“Red Robin - Great, Clean, Happy Place - Burgers are okay.”

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Ranked #16 of 54 Restaurants in West Nyack
Wayne, New Jersey
“Red Robin - Great, Clean, Happy Place - Burgers are okay.”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I've been wanting to try the burger at the Red Robin chain for years and all the planets finally aligned today. I went to the Nyack NY location in the Palisades Park Mall, it's fairly new, I'd guess only a few months old. Not only was the place immaculate, I honestly can't remember ever having a nicer, happier, more helpful staff in any restaurant, anywhere. They made it a pleasure to eat there (which can sometimes make up for shortcomings in other areas). With that said, I was a bit disappointed when our excellent waiter, Mike L. told me they cook the meat two ways, pink or no pink. : (
So, pink it was. I remained optimistic even with this little ordering irritation and when my Oktoberfest burger was served, it was actually a very good representation of all the glamour shots of the burger I'd been seeing in the media up till now. All the toppings tasted fresh but what I came away with was a decent, burger, slightly bland and definitely unexceptional. I thought it strange and almost a shame, especially since the RR folks start off with good, fresh meat. (No preservatives. No antibiotics. No hormones and No trans fats). And no seasonings. Although that statement is not entirely fair, they do give you there signature "Red Robin Seasoning" on the table, but I don't want my burger to taste like that, I just think salt mixed into the precooked meat and some black pepper on the outside once it leaves the grill to prevent it from burning goes a really long way down flavor highway. I also thought it was a bit strange to have a burger come off a charbroil grill and not have any charbroil flavor whatsoever. Anyhow, it was a decent lunch and overall a nice experience....
RR gets an 8 out of 10 rating which amounts to a "good" on the BC rating scale.

See my full review with photos here:

• Visited October 2013

Orangeburg, New York
“Red Robin Disappoints”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Went with a friend who eats at the Red Robin in Pennsylvania by Sesame Place. I ordered the red white and blue and it was absolutely awful. Tasted like they used mayonnaise for dressing. Absolutely awful! I would have given it zero stars except for the fact our waiter was extremely pleasant and apologetic.

• Visited September 2013
Boynton Beach, Florida
“It's burgers”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Large selection of burgers, cooked to order. Fries were decent. Nice enough place, nothing to get too excited about. After all, it is still just a burger.

• Visited August 2013