“Nothing like Joe's down south.”
Review of Joes crab shack - CLOSED

Joes crab shack
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Mohegan Lake, New York
“Nothing like Joe's down south.”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

My family and I decided to finally try Joe's due to the lack of seafood restaurants in our area. Let me start with the only pro: the waiter. We actually felt bad for him because off the mistakes were not his fault. Here are the mistakes.
1. Though we made a reservation in advance, they sat us at a table too small for the party. The waiter saved us by having us moved before the entrees came.
2. The food arrived cold, missing components (sauces), or just didn't arrive at all.
3. The lobster was not properly cleaned before being brought to the table. I have eaten my fair share of lobster, but I have never seen all the sex organs stills present in the tail. Yes, you occasionally have to take out the vein, but there were definitely extras that were in my lobster and not another person's.

I will give them credit, the manager came over and comped the meals that showed up unbelievably late. However, for a chain restaurant, you should know better then to sit 200 people all at once. The kitchen gets swamped and customers become unhappy. That being said, for a restaurant in the mall, I tried it and am never going back. The waiter really tried to remedy everything though we never complained. But there is nothing that can make up for bad food, atmosphere, and incompetent managerial services.

White Plains, New York
“Always wanted to try this place....”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

And I did!!!! My husband took me here for my anniversary dinner (17 years!!). I've seen the commercials to Joes a thousand times and I always wanted to eat here. I have to say we enjoyed it. Good location.....this location is inside a huge mall. So after we ate I was able to walk off my food PLUS shop!!!! Can't beat that. Food was very good and reasonable price. Our waiter was very nice and helpful as I told him this was our 1st time at Joes. The waiters even did a little dance to "Cupid Shuffle" I was tempted to join them. Anyway, we had a good time. Thanks hun for picking this spot. I'm sure we'll be back again.

Reading, Pennsylvania
“Disappointing.”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I'd been looking forward to eating here since it opened. There wasn't that long of a wait, but they gave us a handicapped accessible picnic table that was pushed into a corner so you couldn't actually put the wheelchair behind the table.

We wait about 40 minutes for our food. The Classic Steamer was ok, but the entrees were not good. Over seasoned and meager portions.

I wouldn't come here again unless it was for a crab bucket.

Boynton Beach, Florida
“Should have been better”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We went hear expecting to have a nice seafood dinner. That did not happen. The steam pots were very disappointing; mushy corn, lukewarm shell fish, ridiculously thin crab legs not worth the fight for the meat inside. The menu looks great, too bad they cannot match what is offered.

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Just Ok”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

You know....the tv ads really make this place seem great. The wait was average. they texted me when my table was ready which was cool because I was able to do some shopping while I waited. The waitress was not very attentive. It took so long to get a drink, a check, a straw, etc. Just not great service. The food was ok.....not the greatest seafood. The noise level was through the roof. Definitely not worth the high prices. No return for me to this location.

• Visited August 2013