“Always wanted to try this place....”
Review of Joes crab shack - CLOSED

Joes crab shack
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2013

And I did!!!! My husband took me here for my anniversary dinner (17 years!!). I've seen the commercials to Joes a thousand times and I always wanted to eat here. I have to say we enjoyed it. Good location.....this location is inside a huge mall. So after we ate I was able to walk off my food PLUS shop!!!! Can't beat that. Food was very good and reasonable price. Our waiter was very nice and helpful as I told him this was our 1st time at Joes. The waiters even did a little dance to "Cupid Shuffle" I was tempted to join them. Anyway, we had a good time. Thanks hun for picking this spot. I'm sure we'll be back again.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I'd been looking forward to eating here since it opened. There wasn't that long of a wait, but they gave us a handicapped accessible picnic table that was pushed into a corner so you couldn't actually put the wheelchair behind the table.

We wait about 40 minutes for our food. The Classic Steamer was ok, but the entrees were not good. Over seasoned and meager portions.

I wouldn't come here again unless it was for a crab bucket.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We went hear expecting to have a nice seafood dinner. That did not happen. The steam pots were very disappointing; mushy corn, lukewarm shell fish, ridiculously thin crab legs not worth the fight for the meat inside. The menu looks great, too bad they cannot match what is offered.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

You know....the tv ads really make this place seem great. The wait was average. they texted me when my table was ready which was cool because I was able to do some shopping while I waited. The waitress was not very attentive. It took so long to get a drink, a check, a straw, etc. Just not great service. The food was ok.....not the greatest seafood. The noise level was through the roof. Definitely not worth the high prices. No return for me to this location.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I've been dying to eat @ Joe's Crab Shack every since I started seeing the commercials. The people look like they're having a ball, the food always looks so hot and delicious (of course it's a commercial and the purpose is to draw the viewer in, i get it).

So after learning that there is now one opened up at the Palisades Mall, I couldn't wait to get there! I figured there would be a wait, because that is typically what happens with any new eatery, especially being in the mall.

Well, we get there only to learn that there was a TWO hour wait.. although i had not decided if i wanted to wait the two hours, i put our names down. Well it turned out that IF you wanted to eat at the bar, there was no wait at all, so that's what we did..

This place reminded me of a different type of "Red Lobster" not better, not worse... just different. The food is definitely "chain type" food and the drinks watered down. My friends request no garlic on his food (over emphasized it) and of course when his food arrived, it was loaded down with EXTRA garlic! LOL. The manager, who i believe was new, tried to make it right and took it off the bill, AND offered him a free desert.

I did think it was cute when all of the wait staff started doing the cupid shuffle.... that was different and unique!

If you are not a true seafood lover, then I guess this place is ok. But I definitely will not waste my time, money or appetite on Joe's Crab Shack again.