“Who would have thought.......”
Review of Hibachi Factory - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hibachi Factory
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed January 23, 2014

That sushi in a mall setting would be so great! I wanted to try the all you can eat sushi for $20.00. The rolls are insanely fresh, very tasty and the wasabi is ridiculously perfect! Service was fast and courteous and we really enjoyed our meal here. We ordered the gyoza for appetizers and my better half ordered tempura chicken which he said was a bit heavy but really good also. I will definitely be going back there if we are in the mall again. What a really pleasant surprise!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I went to this place on December 28 2013 located at The palisades Mall in West Nyack, because I wanted to try the all you can eat sushi for $ 20 and the free small hot sake that the advertise. The sushi rolls are excellent and the special rolls are included as well on the menu, If go to this place you need to try The Golden dream roll, The Spider, The Volcano, The Godzilla, The Dragon.They are delicious and the presentation is amazing,The service is good and the sushi rolls are fresh.All the other sushi rolls are good too but those that I mentioned above are my favorite. They also have hibachi tables but I didn't try it. I used to go to the East Japanese which is right next to it but the sushi quality has decreased and is too expensive,so for now,the Hibachi Factory in my place for Sushi. My only complaint about this place was with the 'Free small hot sake" advertising at the end of your meal because the waitress told me that they didn't have the promo anymore, even so it was clearly advertised on the big sign outside the restaurant. That Is why, I am not giving this place five stars. YOU NEED TO BE HONEST WITH THE CUSTOMER !

Reviewed December 22, 2013

This was the first time my family & I tried a restaurant of this type- it was sooo good. I was a little uneasy being seated @ a "u" shaped table w/ 4 strangers( a family of four) but my uneasiness disappeared as I took in my surroundings. The grill is in the center so the seating is shaped accordingly. After saying hello to our dinner partners we noticed our chef join us. Dinner includes soup, salad & dessert. All of our food was cooked right in front of us! Our chef was very humorous and warm- he performed tricks w/ the utensils etc. he made us feel at ease & right @ home. The food was wonderful! Steaming hot off the grill, tasty and everything filled us up we almost didn't have room for dessert! Would definitely recommend- especially if you're gonna be @ the mall why not really enjoy your meal- you can always go to your fave another time, but if you want to try something new & different- this might be it. Can't wait to go back w/ friends. It was a blast. As far as cleanliness- all of the equipment used to cook & even store the food, fresh veggies & cuts of meat and seafood, they all got my seal of approval. Everything was spotless from start to finish & when he was done cooking he cleaned the entire grill quick & efficiently - just as I would've cleaned mine- with a lil elbow grease soap & water. This place gets my vote of confidence so I can pass it on to my TA family.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The food was tasty but the service was iffy. The thing that bothered me was the fact that they cleaned all the tables with the same dirty rag, shoved the food from the table to the floor where it was stepped on. The floor felt greasy. Makes you wonder what the kitchen looks like.....

1  Thank MRM1952
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I really wanted to like this place and I don't normally write reviews. Came here lured by the sign for AYCE sushi for $20 + a small sake during Labor Day weekend. We were seated right away which was good but they ran out of high chairs for our baby and we had to wait until one became available. We ordered 3 rolls (which was the maximum) to start and Lo mein for our 5 years old (instead of AYCE since they charge same price regardless the age). Drinks (soda, sake, juice) arrived timely but my ordered water didn't. Had to ask the waitress 3 times at 15 minutes intervals until my water finally came. 45 minutes later, our 2 sushi rolls arrived, with one roll missing and no ginger. By this time, my husband and I were gravely starving, we didn't even bother to search for the missing waitress to ask for ginger. We just scarfed it all down. An hour after we arrived, my husband asked for the manager because at this point, we were getting so frustrated of the wait and my son's Lo mein still has not arrived. The same time the manager came to our table the Lo mein miraculously appeared. The manager asked the waitress about the Lo mein and she said she placed the order the same time she placed the sushi order hence why it took so long. ONE HOUR!!! We were so frustrated we just wanted to leave and go next door to East for some ready made sushi for starving folks like us. Manager was nice enough to only charge us for the Lo mein but not nice enough to hold his tongue. His sour excuse of "It's a busy Labor Day," "We can seat you but the service would be long [telling us after we have already been sitting and waiting, thanks for the tip!]," "We are backed up with sushi orders," "If it were my kids food & it didn't arrive within 15 minutes, I would be continuously asking for it from the waitress" Well Mr Manager, my kid unfortunately got full from drinking his whole cup of juice and yes we did ask about our ORDERS from the waitress whenever she passed by & unproductively serves 7 other tables without even bothering to ask us if we needed anything. Also, if you know it's a holiday, why not schedule or hire more staff and not blame your customers for your own shortcomings? This experience has far been the WORST EVER for us! We left and went next door to East where we got courteous treatment from better trained waitstaff and delicious sushi to satisfy our tummy.