“AYCE sushi-- Not worth it!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hibachi Factory - CLOSED

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AYCE sushi-- Not worth it!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I really wanted to like this place and I don't normally write reviews. Came here lured by the sign for AYCE sushi for $20 + a small sake during Labor Day weekend. We were seated right away which was good but they ran out of high chairs for our baby and we had to wait until one became available. We ordered 3 rolls (which was the maximum) to start and Lo mein for our 5 years old (instead of AYCE since they charge same price regardless the age). Drinks (soda, sake, juice) arrived timely but my ordered water didn't. Had to ask the waitress 3 times at 15 minutes intervals until my water finally came. 45 minutes later, our 2 sushi rolls arrived, with one roll missing and no ginger. By this time, my husband and I were gravely starving, we didn't even bother to search for the missing waitress to ask for ginger. We just scarfed it all down. An hour after we arrived, my husband asked for the manager because at this point, we were getting so frustrated of the wait and my son's Lo mein still has not arrived. The same time the manager came to our table the Lo mein miraculously appeared. The manager asked the waitress about the Lo mein and she said she placed the order the same time she placed the sushi order hence why it took so long. ONE HOUR!!! We were so frustrated we just wanted to leave and go next door to East for some ready made sushi for starving folks like us. Manager was nice enough to only charge us for the Lo mein but not nice enough to hold his tongue. His sour excuse of "It's a busy Labor Day," "We can seat you but the service would be long [telling us after we have already been sitting and waiting, thanks for the tip!]," "We are backed up with sushi orders," "If it were my kids food & it didn't arrive within 15 minutes, I would be continuously asking for it from the waitress" Well Mr Manager, my kid unfortunately got full from drinking his whole cup of juice and yes we did ask about our ORDERS from the waitress whenever she passed by & unproductively serves 7 other tables without even bothering to ask us if we needed anything. Also, if you know it's a holiday, why not schedule or hire more staff and not blame your customers for your own shortcomings? This experience has far been the WORST EVER for us! We left and went next door to East where we got courteous treatment from better trained waitstaff and delicious sushi to satisfy our tummy.

• Visited August 2013

Dalkey, Ireland
“I love Hibachi, the way the food is cooked in front of you, the way they entertain you”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

If you have never tried Hibachi eating you are missing out. The way they cook the food in front of you, the way they entertain you is well worth it.

Visited March 2013
New Jersey
“Hibachi fun at the mall!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Relatively new restaurant located on the foodie level of the mall. Hibachi dinner had the usual gimmicks of the chef who prepared the food very nicely. The menu is not just limited to hibachi meals( a reasonable priced meal that includes soup, salad, appetizer, noodles, rice, meal and dessert) but also had choices of sushi and other Asian inspired dishes. Great after theater place to go to as well. Clean and efficient service.

• Visited January 2013