“Few days needed to see it all!”
Review of Palisades Center

Palisades Center
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in West Nyack
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Palisades Center is among the top ten most visited malls in America and is the premier shopping, dining and entertainment destination in Rockland County. Located just 18 miles north of NYC, Palisades Center is a four-level mall offering over 200 stores, 15 sit-down restaurants, a bowling alley, ice rink, indoor ropes course, comedy club and more. With its unique and diverse merchant tenant mix, Palisades Center is the go-to place for local shoppers and tourists alike.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This mall is hugeeee!!! The food court has so many options to choose from, even a ride on a ferris wheel or merry go round! Any American shop that u can think off is inside this mall! From sporting goods to clothes, barbers, massage shops etc etc. We spent a full day in the mall and could easily have stayed longer only for bags weighing us down! We visited the 'movies' in this mall on a seperate occasion. There are so many screens and it's possible to catch a movie no matter what time of the day you go! We did not have to park at the mall, however, there seems to be ample carparking around the mall! The important thing to remember is at what entrance you parked your car! Can't wait to go back!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"rope climbing"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The mall was nice, and there is a wide variety of stores there. It is crowded though, even in the afternoon during the week. Some of the stores are a little pricey, but really that is to be expected. There are lots of places to eat; the regular restaurant staff are nice enough, though the employees in the food court places (primarily the Nathans) are kind of rude. That just might be because I'm from the South and used to a different attitude and tone though. Either way, it is definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank Nikki C
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Unlike some of the other reviewers, I had the advantage of visiting on a weekday, early in the day, so I missed the crowds they describe.

This mall is a very large, very ugly box that looks old and run down. There is a project in the early stages of renovating the mall, and it is much too soon to tell whether it will do any good. There is a vast range of stores in the mall, so if you don't mind the concrete and steel penitentiary atmosphere of the place, you may enjoy the shopping. Personally, I don't view shopping as a leisure activity the way some people do, so this means little to me other than the likelihood that I will find what I need.

There is a large food court with all the usual suspects and a very spartan look and feel, and numerous sit-down restaurants so you will have no trouble finding a place to eat that suits your preferences.

With an ice skating rink, bowling alleys, IMAX theater, conventional movie theaters, and a ropes course, there are plenty of entertainment options.

We had an elderly person in a wheelchair with us during our visit, and we were able to get around okay and didn't experience any accessibility barriers. However, we did find that the elevators were a bit slow, and since that's the only way to get from floor to floor if a wheelchair is involved, we found that it slowed us down somewhat.

I've been to a sister mall, Destiny (formerly called Carousel), in Syracuse, and the contrast between the two is notable. Destiny is of similar size and houses similar stores, restaurants and entertainment venues, but the mall itself is a much more pleasant environment. I'm not particularly a mall-lover, but if I had to drive a few hours for a day or two of mall-oriented experiences, I'd definitely stay away from Palisades and go to Destiny instead.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Where to start? Parking lots full of rude and obnoxious drivers fighting over spaces, gang-bangers galore throughout the place, stores shutting down almost as soon as they open, terrible layout, crowds, crowds, crowds........you get the idea. There are MUCH better options all over the tristate area.

3  Thank Gudgels