“Overpriced garbage”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: 845-353-8669
Description: 845-353-8669
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Lured in by the cute atmosphere and great location, my boyfriend and I gave this place a try. The food was expensive bar-type food, but were hoping for some great flavors at least. Everything was terrible. I ordered a salad, and my boyfriend ordered a steak plate and we were both very unhappy. I didn't even ask for the dessert menu, which never happens! It was essentially applebees or friendly's quality processed garbagy bar food, but 3 times the price. Avoid this place. If you are at the mall, there are many other great places to eat.

1  Thank 578,105,710

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Go for ribs, beef or pork, salads, sandwiches or pasta. Great for before or after the movies, staff most pleasant and accommodating.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

So I actually enjoyed my food here. I didn't last time but it was so long ago and so unforgettable that all I remember was having a pasta dish and not liking it. Service is not bad. It's the Palisades on a Friday night so you know which restaurants are going to be busy and this isn't usually one of them which doesn't bode well for them. On to the meal - hubby had a BBQ bacon cheeseburger and enjoyed it and I had the filet mignon tips and half rack of baby back ribs with broccoli and mac and cheese as sides. The ribs are actually pretty good and I really generally don't enjoy chain restaurant ribs but I think this is subjective. The filet mignon is small pieces but cooked well and tasted pretty good. The broccoli is pretty good and I know that sounds weird. The mac and cheese is strange. I want to say it's good but it's got some weird pungent cheese flavor.

Dessert was awesome! Chocolate peanut butter cup with raspberry jelly and topped with chocolate frosting. AMAZING! The highlight of the meal. And at under four bucks it's a steal. Not a huge dessert but just right. I'm sure you could eat at cheaper places (I was actually staring at IHOP while we were sitting there) but this wasn't crowded, we got our food pretty fast and it was overall decent.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

They spent their big bucks on decorating and must not have had any money left for palatable food. I have to object, I did not think the ribs were an out of this world experience. Whatever formula they are using to make the restaurant appealing, failed with our party.

1  Thank NYtrav
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have been to Tony Romas a few times in the last few months. Each time the service has been attentive and helpful. Whatever we ordered was done well and served in an appealing fashion. The prices seem reasonable. The servers were accommodating and pleasant. I enjoy the varied selection of light to hearty fair.