“we liked it”

Cuisines: Asian
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
“we liked it”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My teenage daughter and I had lunch here. We usually love the make-it-yourself concept, but as we did not do it here, we can not comment about it. We both had an entree from the "small plate" menu choices. I really enjoyed my Mongolian beef dish - I thought it was a plus that there were as many mushrooms in the flavorful sauce as there was meat. That is how we should be eating. I was also able to get brown rice with it.

• Visited February 2013

Highland Falls, New York
“Get the do it yourself wok bar!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

That's the only reason I go here. Well...that and the delicious (yet overpriced) potstickers! But the wok bar is a great value. Stuff as much veggies as you can into that little silver bowl. Don't feel weird about it, they expect that...and watch your food get cooked into a big old magical plate of yumminess right in front of you. Watch the alcohol ordering as it can get pricey and fast. Overall a nice experience.

Visited October 2012
Goodyear, Arizona
“Stir Healthy”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I enjoy going to this unique restaurant that allows you to select your own vegetables from the market bar, then pick your meat and noodles. Everything is fresh and well prepared. The portions are filling and satisfying. For an appetizer, we always select the lettuce wrap that is like a Thai taco in that you determine what meat and sauce to put into the wrap. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly. Service is pleasant and efficient. We will be returning soon.

• Visited January 2013
lorilou88
“The Place Was Dirty!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Ate there last night...the menus were sticky and coated with gunk...first sign that they don't clean...messy floors, messy ladies room....big turnoff.

Had chicken lettuce wrap appetizer - it was good, as was the Mai Tai and Mango Margaritas my husband and I had. He had the stacked salmon appetizer, nicely presented and tasty.
Overall....it was OK. Mongolian beef stir fry my husband had - too sweet!! Why do they load up these dishes with sugar?! I had Pad Tai Noodles w/Chicken - four pieces of chicken and lotos of tofu....it was ok....sweet also. But the real turnoff was the dirtyness of the place. A cocktail napkin that fell to the floor - in the general walk through area no less - went ignored by the at least four employees that walked by it while were there...the floor was dirty everywhere. I just had this overall this place is grungy feeling...they need to do a good cleaning of the place. Especially the sticky menus....yuch!!!!!!!!

• Visited January 2013
Ramsey, New Jersey
“Nothing special”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I appreciated the vegetable selection on the stir fry bar -- it was all very fresh. However, my husband was disappointed that there was no meat on the stir fry bar. You had to choose the type of meat you wanted before going up to the bar and then you were only allowed a fixed portion. My husband enjoys these type of restaurants simply because he can mix and match meat -- you can't do that here. I think it is a bit overpriced for what you get but this is not awful. In terms of "authenticity," it is on par with PF Chang's.

• Visited December 2012