“Bowled Over - Affordable Luxury Cottage”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Lisa G
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Bowled Over - Affordable Luxury Cottage”
Reviewed January 2, 2018 for a stay in December 2017

We decided ( 4 couples) to go away for New Year this year and after researching properties that could take 8 of us, I came across this cottage and it was a find in a million. The pictures on their website do not do it justice! It is a grade II listed building that has been modernised inside to a very high spec and the finish is outstanding. We were bowled over when we walked in the door! The rooms were immaculate, the bedding was luxurious and the walk in showers to die for. We found that we did not use the main lounge as the kitchen area with it's sofa and chairs was so spacious, we had our own small disco on new year's eve! There is a boot room to keep all your boots and coats away from the main part of the house and the utility room provides welcome washing and drying facilities. The kitchen is well laid out and the cutlery drawers is epic, I need one of those in my life! On a serious note, the location is awesome for walking, the locals are really friendly, the local pub 'The Huntsman' is a must and the cottage is just out of this world. Highly recommended!

Norfolk08...
Norfolk
“YOU WONT FIND BETTER”
Reviewed September 4, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Just returned from a weeks stay at this property with wife, son and his wife two grandchildren 17 and 14 and a dog and I have absolutely nothing bad to say about any aspect of the holiday. The cottage is out of this world and set up a quiet road in beautiful surroundings. We were originally going to book Leapings Cottage (owned by the same people) but I noticed in the write up that it said it could be used with this property if you wanted larger numbers so I checked out how close it was. When I saw Weavers Cottage we immediately decided to book it and it is not that close to the other cottage. Although we had fine weather for our week the table tennis table in the games room was well used by all. If you have a coeliac in your group the nearby village of Penistone caters well for this . Also two designer centres within range if you need them as well as all local facilities. UNBEATABLE

Your age range 65+
slimmissi...
East Sussex, United Kingdom
“Stunningly beautiful”
Reviewed June 16, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Wow!! If you've read the previous reviews on here you won't need to read mine! Nevertheless I'll tell you how wonderful this property is...because the photos on here do not do it justice!

We've just arrived, it's a huge place with plenty of room for everyone. It's exceptionally clean, the beds are made up beautifully, are really comfortable and it smells fresh on entering. If like me you usually arrive at a self catering property and get everything out of the kitchen cupboards and wash it all before you use it, you really won't have to here! I'm a bit ocd when it comes to cleanliness, but everything has been cleaned to a very high standard, and is sparkling!

The property is smart and luxury and great value for money. Especially compared with other self catering properties in the nearby areas.

The WiFi works great as do all the tvs!

The view is awesome, it's quiet, peaceful and just what we needed after stressful months at work! Lisa is so kind and helpful, and even provided tea, coffee, milk and a box of chocolates for our arrival!

Shhhhh...keep this one quiet, we don't want too many people knowing about this one! Lol

I really couldn't wait until we got home to write this review, it really is that good! I'd give it 10 star if I could! Will definitely book again!

Huge thumbs up!

Chris1870...
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Perfect for family get together”
Reviewed February 11, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

This place comes highly recommended!

4 bedrooms which can all be made up as twin or double rooms, 2 lounge area's and a games room as well. This was perfect for us as we could also bring the dogs. The pubs are all within walking distance, or if its raining, the local taxi was only £1.50 per person. Great location for the Trans-Pennine Trail and Langsett Reservoir is only a 10 minute drive away, with free parking at the cafe. We ate out at the Blacksmiths Arms, lovely food at a good price. The owners we also very welcoming.

We will be returning!

NAJenn
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Top notch ”
Reviewed January 1, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

The pictures do not do this place justice! Amazing.... luxury accommodation perfect location. We stayed over new year, this cottage has been renovated to an outstanding quality. Spacious and well thought out, well equipped and comfortable. The kids loved the games room, the up stairs lounge was a great place to chill out. Lisa was very friendly and helpful, this place has everything you and your family +/- your dog could possible need. We don't want to go home.

helenbrow...
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
“Keep it a secret... perfect in every way.”
Reviewed December 23, 2016 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

I can't understand why there aren't more reviews about this place on Trip Advisor... actually I can as I don't think that those of us who have stayed want anyone else to know about it!
Firstly, I confess to being a dog owner, who doesn't like to stay in accommodation that allows dogs as I can't abide finding hairs on furniture and that nose-turning doggy smell... rest assured this place is immaculate and anyone who has mutual 'dog -friendly accommodation aversion' like me is going to be just fine.

The cottage is spacious, well-equipped, warm and very beautifully renovated with high-quality fixtures and fittings. The playroom is a gift for anyone with teenagers.

The walks from the door are perfect for all levels of fitness... at the back of the cottage there is a disused railway line that has tarmac, thus it is suitable for mobility scooters, bikes, dogs off leads and general perambulation.

Finally, the owner Lisa couldn't work any harder to make your stay enjoyable and really understands what customer care is all about.

OK... reading this back I don't know whether to post or not as I don't want to blow my chances of ever being able to book again but I really do feel that when something is great ... submit button pressed.

Lottielov...
Horley, United Kingdom
“Beautiful cottage”
Reviewed July 29, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Have just spent a weeks family holiday in this wonderful cottage and didn't want to leave! Finished to such a high standard, the rooms are all lovely with hotel standard bathrooms. The kitchen is easy to use with a handy utility room. The garage has been converted to a games room which is a godsend with kids if it's raining! The trans pennine trail is right behind the cottage, perfect for walks. Spent lovely evenings in the garden (until the British summertime rain hit at the end of the week!) Great location, easy to get into the Peak District from the cottage...we can't recommend it highly enough! Lisa, the owner, is so friendly and contactable if you need anything. We will definitely be staying in one of their cottages again!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Management Response
Jul 29, 2016
Thank you for taking the time to share this thoroughly lovely review, we couldn't be happier that you and your family had a great holiday at Weaver's Cottage! What you describe sounds wonderful from start to finish and we will be sure to pass your compliments along to the owner! We certainly hope you will be back to enjoy the place again very soon.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing