“Incredible Mexican Cuisine”

Besito Mexican Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Besito Mexican Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in West Islip
Reviewed April 29, 2018

I had heard about how great Besito is several people. My wife has also raved that everything is great from the Margaritas to the deserts. So we decided to make a party of it and six of us went for my wife's 60th birthday. Six different appetizers, Pescado, Camaron, Flautas,.... six different mains, Jalisco, Ribs, Crab, Salmon,....... and not one unhappy choice. This dinner was unprecedented. To have six people order different meals and everyone completely satisfied and making plans to return again is unheard of. But it happened. The cocktails were great, the appetizers, and dinners were great, and that is not just my humble opinion, but a concensus of six. Everything was very fresh, and cooked perfectly. From the nacho chips and salsa, to the Tres Leche desert, perfect.
I have never been a real fan of Mexican food. I have always found it to be over spiced, greasy, lacking in balance and texture. Now that I have eaten quality Mexican food, that opinion has been changed. I do plan on returning to Besito for many more dinners in the future.

Date of visit: April 2018
Besito W, General Manager at Besito Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2018

Dear Joseph,

Thank you for your feedback we appreciate you reaching out to us and sharing your experience. It really means a lot to our team to receive a compliment like yours regarding your recent visit to Besito. We are deeply committed to our guests and providing all of them with an exceptional experience. I cannot wait to share it with everyone so they will see how their hard work has positively impacted someone’s day!

We thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you back very soon!

Besito Family
Saludos Cordiales,

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Went to Besito on a Friday night during restaurant week. The service was excellent and the meal was paced perfectly. Everything we ordered was delicious down to the sangria. Guacamole was so fresh and delicious...I could have eaten just that! We will definitely be returning and are so thrilled to have an amazing local restaurant.

Date of visit: April 2018

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Besito. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 28, 2018

We were excited to see Besito coming to our neighborhood and weren't disappointed on our recent first visit. It added to the pleasure to learn that they were participating in Restaurant Week! Donna was an attentive, friendly server and the place was buzzing with helpful staff. We were brought crispy chips and delicious salsa right away and then ordered the Vegetable Quesadilla to share for a starter. It was yummy and big enough that we not only shared it but brought half of it home for a later snack. My Salmon with salad was wonderful and my husband enjoyed his Chicken Enchiladas--both of which we also couldn't finish and brought home for another meal. The dessert of Tres Leches was heavenly! Can't wait to return!

Reviewed April 10, 2018

Dinner on a Monday night and the place was nearly full. Very good attentive service. Good quality cocktails, the bartender was very slow however. Table side guacamole was very good, but very pricy at $11.95 for a singe avocado prep. Just barely a snack for 3 people. The evening special ceviche was good, but too much heat was overwhelming the seafood in it. Also a little pricy at $17.95 for what you get. Shrimp empanadas were run of the mill, sweet potato tacos were lame. Mixtos taco grill was underwhelming and small; meats were overdone and buried in cheese. The Mahi dinner was on point, cooked right with interesting sauces. Overall I was not impressed except for the service. A $166 tab for 3 before tip is way too rich for this type of meal.

Date of visit: April 2018
Besito W, Manager at Besito Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

This location does not hold a candle to their Huntington location. To start parking was difficult for a Thursday night. Service was very attentive. Food was delicious. Only issue, they forgot it was my wife's birthday. I put it in my reservation notes on Opentable. The manager realized as we were ready to leave and gave us a piece of cake to go. For now on, we will drive the distance to Huntington to the location we trust to be great.

Date of visit: October 2017
Besito W, General Manager at Besito Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Que bueno! Thank you for the positive feedback! Hope to have you back again soon!