“Good Fish and Chips!”

Grace O'Malley's Irish Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Quick Bites in Whitianga
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I are on a driving trip around New Zealand, and spent the night in Whitianga. We were craving fish and chips and read some good reviews about a takeaway place, but we wanted a sit down dinner with an adult beverage. Gracie O’Malley,s didn’t disappoint! The fish and chips were fresh and plentiful, and the beer was cold. Meant to photo, but didn’t think about it until my food was mostly gone! There was also plenty of outdoor seating to enjoy the lovely view, but it was cold and rainy when we went. I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

Very busy place, good food, good atmosphere. Bit noisy inside good out on deck. Food was good quality and fast service.

Reviewed September 11, 2018

Ate here both nights of our stay. Food good quality and value for money. Good to see the owner engaging with his customers.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

12 of us booked in for dinner.
While most enjoyed their meal there were a few issues with food coming out not fully heated. Staff worked hard to fix any problems though and servings were generous.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I ate here both nights we were in Whitianga.
The first night I had the Irish stew which was actually the most incredible stew I have ever eaten, the lamb was so tender!
My partner had bangers and mash, and was so impressed by the meal!
The second night we had pizza which didn’t live up to night one but was still lovely.
Staff and service were exceptional both nights!