Message from TripAdvisor:

“Highly recommended”

Oceans Resort Whitianga
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Whitianga
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Great Place, fantastic Appartement, excellent accomodation. Well furnished, full Equipment, very friendly staff, clean rooms, Good Location close to the Beach, Shop nearby, a few small Restaurants as well. Although, for the ones who are looking for a Party town, are gonna be dissapointed. It is a fine, quite rural village.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 20, 2013

18 days, 11 cities and 3 countries!! My trip around the South Pacific was short by most 3-country trek standards but it was well planned and allowed me to enjoy pretty much EVERY activity I wanted to experience while there. I promised many of the companies I booked with an honest TripAdvisor review and here I am making good on that promise. Of course everyone was not excellent but mostly everyone was!!
Okay, so the Oceans Resort is not your typical “American”resort; it is SO MUCH BETTER! First of all Whitianga is by far my absolute favorite place in New Zealand. If I ever go into hiding and need to live three months in peaceful beautiful place my family will be able to find me here at the Ocean’s Resort ☺. These are not hotel rooms, these are not condominiums these are townhomes people and they are great. Ours of course had three bedrooms, one off the back of the garage and two on the top (third) floor. If you booked a one bedroom you are only allowed to use one bedroom (makes sense to me) so they housekeeper doesn’t have to tidy more than one bed. There is only one television on the main (second) floor (again no problem for us) and great wifi! The laundry was helpful and much needed; the kitchen was fully stocked (wine glasses and cork opener), we didn’t have any real ocean view, which is a shame because the beach across the street is beautiful. I got amazing sunrise pictures of it, but we had to walk over. I did not use the pool and our home was close to the Lost Spring walkthrough, which I did use although I chose not to pay for the Lost Spring’s services (chose to do the springs in Rotorua). The Resort is also a quick walk into town. This is a small town people with great people. We were out walking around (really looking for donuts) and my friend left his camera somewhere. We did not even notice it was gone, by the time we got home the Whitianga Police pulled up behind us with our camera in her hand. Someone had turned it in and she found us to return it to us. Far and beyond the call of duty; we don’t even know where we left the camera. We did have a few electrical issues in our garage but they were fixed expeditiously and information about when to go to the hot water beach and the spades were priceless. I want to go back so bad☺ Loved the Oceans Resort. My rating is really four and a half, lost a half for no ocean view. With it would have made it perfect.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2013

The owners are extremely friendly.
The accomodation is great and clean. The perfect place to spend holidays. The chalet are located close to the see with a dedicated walkway to go to the beach.
Nice heated pool.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Oceans Resort have beautifully appointed townhouses that I would struggle to fault. They are a block from the beach, are well appointed, tastefully decorated and the owners were very friendly. They are 3 stories with living area on the central floor, bedrooms on the top and a garage and further bedroom and laundry on the bottom floor. Would definitely recommend. Top spot!

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Amazing place wid a amazing n active host Pamela.. Booked a 1 bed room apartment and unexpectedly got a ground +2 floors for complete use.. All facilities are included like d laundry, well equipped kitchen, good recreational area like a tennis court, cycling and a swimming pool, etc.. Go for it with your eyes closed.. I feel you will enjoy it fully.. Best start of a honeymoon with the expectation rising higher for next destinations.. Hope to see this place again..

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Stayed here for three nights. We had booked a two bedroom apartment as there was three adults and we were taken back by the high quality of the accommodation for the price, we had a duplex apartment which had a garage, double bedroom and bathroom on the ground floor and the lounge/kitchen on the first floor, with another double bedroom and bathroom. It was apartment number 13, and had partial ocean view which I don't think many of them have. It was lovely and clean and well equipped. Whittianga is so well situated for visiting the coromandel with hot water beach and cathedral cove 15-20 mins drive away. Can't recommend these apartments enough!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We booked this accommodation at the last minute, when we found out about the forthcoming Labour Day holiday whilst we were touring New Zealand. We were surprised when the man at reception led us outside and got on a bicycle to show us where our 'apartment' was. We were even more surprised when he led us to a residential street of rather nice houses and showed us right into one of them! With the garage on the ground floor, and the living area and main bedroom on the first floor, plus a balcony too, we were delighted - and could pretend to be native New Zealanders with our own house, even if it was just for one night! The house was immaculately clean and fully equipped for a long stay. Only one minor criticism, we really needed a shelf or something similar to put a wash bag in the bathroom - there is nowhere to put anything at all. After three weeks of being on the road and staying in typical motels, it did feel a little strange to us be staying in someone else's house, but we could have got used to it very easily!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitianga
Beachside Resort Whitianga
Coromandel TOP 10 Holiday Park
Beachfront Resort
Beachfront Resort
#3 of 18 in Whitianga

Been to Oceans Resort Whitianga? Share your experiences!