“Toby - what a character”
Review of Bay Brewery Bistro - CLOSED

Bay Brewery Bistro
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2014

OK long story short: I came here because I like craft beer and I like it even more when it is brewed locally - which can only be topped by drinking the beer in the brewery itself while having a chat with the brewer. Bay Brewery delivered on all of this. That Toby (the brewer) turned some of the extra space into a bistro came as a bonus and makes this micro brewery somehow unique. I will almost certainly visit for another Yippee IPA (great stuff) and also would not mind trying their ‘no thrills’ home cooked food again.

1  Thank GlobalGerbil

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have been to Bay Brewery many times and always find this restaurant to my liking. The blackboard menu has a variety of cuisine choices to suit most people's desire for value for money dining. The host, Toby is congenial and engaging with his patrons and his 'home' brewed ales, although I myself am not a beer drinker are, according to friends I have been there with, very very good.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

If you enjoy craft beer visit the Brewery; if you enjoy good home cooked food visit the Brewery; if you enjoy good pub conversational banter visit the Brewery. If you enjoy all three you are in for a great evening!
Toby may have had a life that was all leading him to end up in Whitianga enriching the lives of hungry and thirsty visitors. We enjoyed a great evening there.
It is important to give recognition to Toby’s wife (chef) and his charming staff - if only to prevent him being made to suffer!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Last night in Whitianga. Found this gem. Last night I ate at Wild Hog...oh my...they are worlds apart. Go here!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Tucked down a little street is a real gem. The food was great and the prices were very reasonable. While the menu is not huge all the dishes on it sound great. We so enjoyed our first night there we went back again a few nights later and found it all still top notch. The host is great and this all adds to a great night out.