All reviews spa bath enclosed balcony across the road free bikes hot water beach heated pool the owner manager cooking equipment upstairs studio mercury bay sea view big room new zealand buffalo beach powerful shower brilliant stay great room
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I am a tour operator from Hamilton New Zealand and had the pleasure of showing a family from Singapore a small part of the North Island of my counrty. For the one night we spent in Whitianga we stayed at the" Admiralty Lodge Motel" and everyone was so pleased we did. The property is very well run, was very modern, in a great location and every room was vey spacious. The views from my window on the first floor was supurb, looking out across Bufflo Beach into the bay. Although the property is on a main road the unit was very quiet and because I was on the first floor I left the drapes open when I went to bed and was awoken by the sun rising out of the sea the following morning. Absolutely beautiful. Breakfast was served in my room and was very nice and there was plenty of it.

I highly recommend this property if you intend to stay in Whitianga. Congratulations to the mangement and staff for running a great place to stay.

Jim Archer
Archer Tours
Hamilton

Room tip: First floor rooms have a great view but the ground fllors are closer to the swimming pool
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
admiraltylodge, Manager at Admiralty Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Dear Jim:
Thank you for taking time to write and your kind comments. Indeed it was a pleasure for us to host your guests and I am delighted they were happy with their stay at the lodge. We hope to see you soon again on your next trip to this area.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We are a family of four and very much enjoyed our stay at the Admiralty Lodge Motel. The fenced pool was great for the kids with easy access, the wonderful beach to explore with the kids is directly across the road and great games bags available (high quality toys and games) to keep the kids occupied in those quite moments.

The Motel service was really good with friendly helpful staff able to help at any time.

There is a lot to do with kids in the town and surrounding area and we will definitely come again.

Room tip: The one bedroom unit was the perfect size for our family.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Shirley186_12
admiraltylodge, Manager at Admiralty Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you for taking time to write about your experience at the Admiralty Lodge. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and kids were able to use the pool and the game bags.

I am looking forward to your return to Whitianga and staying with us again.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Admiralty Lodge Motel is an extremely great motel. Everything worked to perfection. Beautiful View from the apartment. Beautiful furnitures. Everything is high standard and we can highly recommend it.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments about your stay with us and I am glad you liked the facility and enjoyed your stay.
It was a pleasure for us to be your host. If your travel plans bring you back to this region, we would love to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We had an excellent stay here. Album was was friendly and helpful not only with our stay in his motel, but with dinner recommendations and help booking a boat excursion. The hotel is in good condition, great views, god sized rooms. All in all a great stay - thanks Ambuj!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We had a wonderful stay here. very hospitable, helped us with our every need. The front rooms look over the water and have great access to the lovely heated pool. Accommodation was great, everything very well looked after.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
admiraltylodge, Manager at Admiralty Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Thank you for your review and I it was a pleasure to be your host. I hope rest of your trip was wonderful and you enjoyed New Zealand. We will look forward to a return visit from you. All the best.