“Up there with the best fish and chips we've ever had! ”

Buffalo Beach Takeaway
Ranked #6 of 9 Quick Bites in Whitianga
Cuisines: Fast Food
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed June 7, 2016 via mobile

We turned up shortly before closing on Queens Birthday evening in the hopes they would cook our fish - with the answer being yes we gave them our 4 lovely pieces of fresh snapper and ordered enough chips for 4 adults and 4 squid rings. Myself my husband, our 3yo twins and my parents were all looking forward to the dinner. (Previous fish & chip shops over the years have let us down by cooking our hard caught fish terribly so we usually don't risk it any more)... HOWEVER as soon as we opened the paper after a short wait of around 10-15 mins we knew we were in for a treat. The fish looked amazing and we weren't disappointed. My kids ate some fish, absolutely devoured the chips (as did we all) and enjoyed their squid rings. There wasn't 1 chip left by the time we were done. We were so impressed, my dad made sure he let them know just as they were closing how much we enjoyed the meal. All up I think it was around $17 for the $5 chips, squid rings, cooking our fish and tomato sauce. Really reasonable.
I certainly hope you don't mind cooking other people's fish because we have a place at Opito Bay and you just may have acquired some new regular customers. :-)
Yum Yum Yummy!!!

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank 413jop

Reviewed March 26, 2016 via mobile

7.22 pm placed order
Told will be ready at 8.15pm
8.42pm called to chase order
Just rang to ask where order was? Did you order minimum chips...no I had a big order!!!!! I really dont think its good enough for a delay and meal confusion that extreme. I do hope when our food gets to us, it's bloody god. So far so disappointed and this was recommended by our neighbors whom raved about it

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed February 19, 2016

We visited here based on previous reviews, and were told we would have to wait 40 minutes. Not unreasonable in itself, but when we returned we found that the fat fryer had broken and our money was refunded with a grudging apology, and little concern for a spoiled evening.

Reviewed February 15, 2016 via mobile

Best fish and chips in whitianga. Crab sticks are awesome. Generous portions. Take away or eat in. Been there twice, unfortunately our fish was missed on the order but by the time we were done with the crab sticks and calamari rings we did not notice.

1  Thank joannc68
Reviewed February 14, 2016 via mobile

Lovely crispy chips , real fish fillets and yummy sweet chilli prawns followed by a nice ice cream , friendly down to earth service , did well for working on her own !! Very busy takeaways

1  Thank kizzyBryers