We enjoyed our stay here. The rooms are beautiful. Very high standards throughout. They are nice enough to live in, let alone stay there on holiday.
Very well equipped with things you need. The managers were helpful and attentive if we needed assistance.
When we were there the weather was awful so I don't think we saw it in its best light. However, we used the outdoor hottub - don't be out off by bad weather as we had great fun and it's as big as some hotel pools!
My only suggestions would be 1) bathrobes in the rooms would have been nice
2) the option to have a fuller starter pack - cereals bread etc as we arrived late Due to unforeseen circumstances and were a little low on things.
3) an option to have a little more service - even if you had to pay an extra fee. For example beds made, bins emptied etc.
Please note the accommodation clearly states self service but once we were relaxed in the beautiful rooms we discussed this would be a good idea.
Would return to this beautiful apartment. Really enjoyed it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury 5 star resort delivering great holiday experiences 2nd to none with guaranteed water views, spacious modern suites,(1,2 or 3 bedrooms). Your ideal honeymoon or holiday location. Facilities include FREE in room Wi-Fi, super-sized spa pool, lap pool and tennis court, gym and kayak hire. Suites all have designer kitchens, spacious dining, lounge and bedrooms with walk-in wardrobes in master bedroom, providing all the comforts of home and more. Water views guaranteed with all Suites located on the waterfront with peaceful relaxing views of the Waterways & mountain range beyond; set amongst landscaped grounds, just minutes from the beach, Whitianga is spoilt for choice with many cafes, bars & restaurants, ensuring all tastes are catered for, only a 1.5Km walk to the centre of the township. Cosy gas fires/or heat pumps complete the picture for the colder months. A full laundry is provided within each Suite.Unique to Sovereign Pier is their own private boat ramp; and ample FREE parking for cars & boat trailers. Guests with large power boats and yachts can also rent a marina berth, subject to availability. They have 24hr security in their gated complex for your peace of mind and a private lockable garage is provided with each Suite. Kayaks & quadricycle are available for hire. Whitianga is a New Zealand coastal town on the move. Often considered the Coromandel's jewel in the crown - It marks the gateway to spectacular deep sea fishing and diving as well as swimming, bush walking, scenic cruises, soaking in a hot pool at Hot Water Beach at low tide, or indulging yourself for a massage at the famous Whitianga Lost Spring Hot Mineral pools & Spa, horse riding, surf and line fishing, kayaking, relaxed shopping, dining on local cuisine, golfing, bone carving - Sovereign Pier sits in the center of all of this,in the peaceful location of the Whitianga waterways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sovereign Pier on the Waterways reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sovereign Pier On The Waterways Hotel Whitianga