“Cheap entertainment for the whole family”

Yanchep National Park
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Pinnacles and Yanchep National Park Day Trip from...
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Yanchep
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Please note, due to low water levels, there are currently no row boats at Yanchep National Park. Whether you‘re looking for a day trip near Perth or a quick stop on your journey to the Pinnacles or further north, Yanchep National Park (just 45 minutes north of Perth city) provides you the opportunity to experience kangaroos, koalas, limestone caves and Aboriginal culture in a natural setting. Enjoy a game of golf on our 9 hole natural course, book your special occasion in our purpose made Cabaret Cave, walk along one the park’s trails (ranging in distance from 500mtrs to 55kms), enjoy a picnic in the natural surrounds or savor your appetite at one of the dining facilities located in the park.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Friendly and professional service at the entry point, Crystal cave tour was amazing, and the tour guide was exceptional - a must see attraction. The kids saw a mother kangaroo with it's joey and plenty of koalas. The visitor centre and shops closed a little earlier than stated but it was Australia Day when we visited.

1  Thank Georgie1931
"bbq facilities"
"ice cream"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We are a young family of four on a budget most of the time. We have had a season pass for here for a few years and renew every year. The park is pristine and vast and the kolalas never get boring. The bbqs are great and all staff are well presented and helpful. I would reccomened paying more for a year's pass, great place especially in evening with all the kangaroos. Will

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I visited the Park on Jan 1, around 10am. I went to buy 3 tickets: one for me and 2 for my elderly parents. I had discount vouchers cut out from the offers page in a tourist brochure, I think it was "Hello Perth". Printed on the vouchers it said "offer valid for max 1 person per voucher". In ANY language (and in ANY legal interpretation) that means that if I present 3 vouchers I am entitled to a discount for max 3 people, that is 3 vouchers = 3 discounted tickets. The old lady at the ticket desk (I don't know her name, she was not wearing a name badge: another customer-service fail) did not agree, and said what that condition "actually" meant was that I could only get one discounted ticket no matter how many vouchers I had. Besides, she angrily complained that by cutting out 3 vouchers I had needlessly spoiled 3 copies of Hello Perth! (that's just too stupid for comments...those brochures are given away for free for this specific purpose!). I replied that I didn't care what those vouchers were "really meant to say", I knew what they actually said and I wanted my 3 discounted tickets please. If she didn't like the vouchers, I suggested she could give my parents the senior concession rate, instead. Nope: she could not do that because they were not Australian citizens. She called a supervisor on the phone explaining the situation, desperately trying to convince him I should not get a discount. However, I assume her supervisor told her off because after her phone call she reluctantly said that I was entitled to a discount... but only if my elderly parents (who have trouble walking and don't speak English) came into the shop with their vouchers and bought the tickets by themselves. I pointed out that was not a condition on the voucher, she was making stuff up, but she continued to refuse to sell me discounted tickets. So I walked back to my car and asked my parents to come to the shop, which they did. Sadly, it wasn't enough. The ticket lady said that I was not allowed to pay for all 3 tickets on my credit card: my parents had to pay separately for their discounted tickets either cash or with 2 different credit cards (again, she was totally making stuff up). So we walked out of the ticket shop again, I gave my parents a $10 note each, and they went in separately to buy their tickets, and we finally succeeded, much to her chagrin. By then, because of the time we had wasted and all the stress and arguments, we were not in the mood to enjoy the park any more, and we left early. In conclusion: if Yanchep wants to annoy their customers, they are doing a terrific job. I will stay well away from that place in the future and I have been telling all my friends and colleagues to do the same. Simply The.Worst.Customer.Service.Ever.Encountered.In.Australia.

9  Thank robbo_wa
Reviewed January 26, 2013

What a great day out this can be,take a picnic or eat in the well stocked tea rooms,there is plenty of parking available and the park has plenty of shaded areas should the sun get too much.
Animals are in abundance and you get a real feeling of naturalness.Whilst there we encountered at least 50 kangaroos,several koalas and numerous parrots and kookaburras.
The kangaroos come out of the bush around 4.00pm and if you are lucky you will be treated to a real live kangaroo boxing match by young males as we were .
The kangaroo is being pushed out of many of its previous homes by the ever increasing housing growth and it is good to see that the Australian Government is backing the National Parks and investing in their infrastucture

1  Thank Iain S