We booked the Empire Retreat based on a recommendation from a friend, and it is probably one of the nicest - if not the nicest, place we have ever stayed. Although the rooms can be a little pricy, I believe it was worth every penny. You arrive by a winding driveway up to the main house, which is secluded from all neighbouring properties (although only a few minutes from town). The main house has 2 rooms upstairs, although the downstairs is primarily common space for guests. The huge kitchen is available for guests use, as is the BBQ, providing you clean up after yourself. There is a large glassed in dining room, and a large deck just off the dining room, where breakfast is served each morning. Breakfast was unbelievable. There is a large spread of freshly prepared cold foods, pastries and fresh and stewed fruit. In addtion, a hot breakfast is made to order. It took every effort not to eat enough for 4 people!
In addition, freshly prepared desserts, were left out for guests nightly.
Should you want to have someone cook dinner for you, that can also be arranged. We did not take advantage of this, although I wish we had, after wandering in during the preparation of another couples dinner. It looked amazing, and they seemed very happy with it.
The main house also holds a games room , and a TV room with satellite. Outside there is a large covered hot tub, and guests are welcome to roam the property.
The accomodations were also fantastic. Our room was connected to the main house via an oudoor walkway. The room was large and spotless, with a very comfortable bed, and a large deck of the back which faced the property. Although we had a huge 6ft spa tub and shower which overlooked the deck, the best part was the outdoor shower. Totally private from other guests, but right off the private back patio.
The other great part is that Empire Retreat also has a spa on the property. We took advantage of this on our last day, before driving north to Perth.
We used this as our home base while touring Margaret River. The service was top notch, and I would stay here again in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to a world of luxury and seclusion like no other…Empire Spa Retreat is nestled within 265 acres of tranquil undulating pastures, undisturbed bushland and the Empire Estate vineyard. With 10 spacious, stylishly appointed suites, this luxury hosted accommodation ensures complete sanctuary from the frenetic pace of urban life. During your stay immerse yourself in the indulgence of Empire Spa. This state-of-the-art, purpose built spa is designed to pamper your body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Empire Spa Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Empire Spa Retreat Hotel Yallingup
- Empire Retreat Hotel
- Empire Spa Retreat Yallingup, Margaret River Region