We had an enjoyable weekend at Empire in November 2013 to unwind after engagement celebrations. Empire Retreat came well recommended so we booked a luxury villa for 2 nights.
Both my fiancee and I are big fans of the Margaret River region for the hiking, caves, beer, beaches and of course, wine. This, whilst far from our first visit to the area, was our first at a retreat style venue.
Located about 5km west of Dunsborough and 5km east of Yallingup, the location is handy for access to dinner spots whilst still being within a modest 30-45min drive from most of the wineries and caves.
The Good - The setting was nice, not sensational, but peaceful. The villas are large and pleasant. Staff are welcoming but distant enough so you really feel alone whilst staying there. Kangaroos, possums and frogs all add to the natural setting. A nice lake if you feel like a stroll. The day spa is excellent and well worth a visit. I can certainly recommend the Revive massage. Lunch at Vasse Felix was fantastic.
The Not so Good - The villa was very nice but it was more about solitude than views or setting. Overall quality and delivery doesn't match the asking price. Lacks polish.
The retreat offers some small but pleasant common rooms, a kitchen, a pool room and a small grassed area that is very appealing. The open plan room featured a fireplace, large bed, nice shower/spa, table and chairs, small kitchenette with microwave (time for a new one!) and a nice lounge area. The balcony, whilst small was secluded and more than adequate. With the fireplace going I think this would make a great winter get away.
Empire Retreat is a great place to stay, nice setting and good location to base yourself for a trip to the area. The villas offer the solitude required to share some relaxing times with a partner, a good book and a glass of wine.
We suggest a package deal as they offer better value combining lunch, a massage, wine and breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to a world of luxury and seclusion like no other…Empire Spa Retreat is nestled within 265 acres of tranquil undulating pastures, undisturbed bushland and the Empire Estate vineyard. With 10 spacious, stylishly appointed suites, this luxury hosted accommodation ensures complete sanctuary from the frenetic pace of urban life. During your stay immerse yourself in the indulgence of Empire Spa. This state-of-the-art, purpose built spa is designed to pamper your body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Empire Spa Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Empire Spa Retreat Hotel Yallingup
- Empire Retreat Hotel
- Empire Spa Retreat Yallingup, Margaret River Region