“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Yallingup
Perth
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our third stay at Windmills Break in a Premier Spa Suite for 3 nights. This is our favourite luxury retreat in the Yallingup/Dunsborough area. We enjoyed two fantastic meals in the restaurant and the breakfasts were excellent, they catered well for my gluten free dietary needs. My husband had also arranged some flowers on arrival for me and the bouquet was gorgeous. We thoroughly enjoyed lounging by the pool and had a dip in the spa. Wonderful property and service, why stay anywhere else?
Visited March 2014

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sukiah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stayed here over the New Years period for 3 nights with my wife. Tucked away on a sizeable property, Windmills Break is a fantastic accommodation option for couples. With only a handful of rooms, a sizeable dining room with great menu options, a pool, spa and tennis court, it’s like a private resort. Even though it was at full capacity, it never felt like there were many people about.

The rooms are large and spacious, including an outdoor courtyard area which is a great place to sample some local wines and beers as the sun goes down.

The biggest advantage of Windmills is the fantastic restaurant. Whilst dining options during this time of the year are hard to come by without booking, you won’t be disappointed with the menu on offer.

All up, if you’re looking for a spot for you and a partner for a quiet getaway to WA’s southwest, you can do worse than staying here!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

We had a lovely stay at this hotel. The room was exactly as described and it was very clean. The location was nice and quiet and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I was very happy with the quality of both breakfast and dinner as well as the complimentary tea/coffee/pastries in the afternoon. The only downside to our stay was the outdoor pool and the number of bugs in it. It would also be good if there was Foxtel rather than the DVD collection.

Room Tip: It was nice to sit outside with a courtyard room and meant their was good access to the car park.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

It was very quiet here during our stay in August 2013. It's not the most modern place, but the decor & warm fires gave it it's charm. Breakfast included was ok & we used the restaurant for one dinner. Room was clean, but nothing too special. Weather was ordinary, so we never got to explore the property. Staff were friendly & helpful. If I came again to this area I'm not sure if I would come back to Windmills.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

My husband and I stayed 2 nights in a courtyard deluxe room. The room and bathroom were spotless and had really nice quality finishings. Property surrounds were beautiful and peaceful. This is a great place to stay for a honeymoon or a relaxing break. As a local West Australian, I can honestly say after staying in the Margaret River region at many different locations in the last 20 years, this was one of my favourite places. Great location, friendly staff, great breakfast and dinner. They also mailed my phone charger back to me when it was left in the room....without being asked! Thanks and will definitely be back....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We spent three nights in a premier spa suite at the end of December. The room was quiet, spacious and clean, however the bathroom was in need of an upgrade. The grounds and pool area are lovely. Staff were friendly, although not the level of service you would expect at a 5* hotel. Breakfast and dinner in the restaurant were very nice, but the restaurant lacks atmosphere (particularly on New Years Eve!) Overall for the price bracket, I don't think we will return.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Very poor service from walking in the door, to helping with the luggage and trying to book the restaurant from outside the hotel. The phone was hung up after requesting to speak to the manager on the basis that the dining room was full. On return to the hotel, one hour later, we observed one table in the restaurant occupied. We were not impressed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
David L, Owner at Windmills Break, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Royle

Its disappointing to see this review.
I do not usually respond to reviews as I believe in the open forum of genuine opinions, but there are some points to clarify;

1. You rang from another location you were not satisfied with at 7pm, and my staff said you could dine with us after 8pm. You were not hung up on, my staff were actually under the impression you hung up on them.

2. You did not ask to speak to the manager until the following day, at which point I came in immediately for a discussion (I am the owner and please note, I left my son’s birthday party to do so)

3. You were given a $142 refund in service charges for the confusion around the dinner booking, and the other complaints you expressed to me. I believe that we were not at fault, but I commit to satisfying customers as best we can; no matter how rude they are towards my staff.

You weren’t happy during your stay, and it appears we could not help you enjoy your getaway on this occasion. Best of luck with your hotel selections in the future.

David
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yallingup
Pullman Bunker Bay Resort Margaret River Region
#2 of 13 in Yallingup
Empire Spa Retreat
Empire Spa Retreat
#1 of 11 in Yallingup

Been to Windmills Break? Share your experiences!