“Bean to bar premium chocolate”
Review of Gabriel Chocolate

and up
Margaret River Small-Group Food and Wine Tasting Tour
Ranked #1 of 12 Shopping in Yallingup
More attraction details
Owner description: Gabriel Chocolate is Western Australia's first bean-to-bar chocolate maker. We import the world's best cacao beans and turn them into "single-origin" chocolate bars at our Yallingup chocolate gallery, coaxing out the wide range of natural flavours that emerge from the different cacao bean varieties. Taste the latest range of chocolate bars being made, and sit inside or outside near the grass at Gabriel Cafe to indulge in one of our decadent hot chocolates, salted chocolate chip cookies or hand-made, chocolate-dipped ice-creams.
Reviewed December 16, 2012

A delightful speciality shop with chocolate made from beans imported from around the world. The high quality of the chocolate is found in the lack of bitterness even with high coffee content.

Truly educational visit, and the staff who provided us with free tasting was knowledgable and pleasant. The Chuao chocolate is fabulous!

A small cafe provided drinks, cakes (chocolate, of course) and coffee.

1  Thank BFGuy

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I was about to purchase one of Gabriels stock standard 65% bars when a friendly bearded employee let me in on their Chuao Venezuela; made from the rarest cacaos that have a purchase price 4 times higher than any other bean. I was sold on this exquisite bar of Venezuelan chocolate a forked out $12 for a small square. This choc was off the proverbial chain and the freindly service I received kept a smile on my dial long after the chocolate was destroyed. Thanks bearded chocolate guru, I'll be back.

1  Thank Theempresshotel
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We saw signage from Caves Rd and thought we'd check it out, there's a nice store and cafe set up but, I would like to have seen something more as they market themselves as the first 'bean to bar chocolate maker' even a small display room or something to get the idea of the process involved would be good for their clientele to see. Chocolate is gorgeous though, and worth a visit.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Among the shops/factories we visited during our recent Margaret River trip, this was the place where I bought the most. My favourite was the Rio Caribe Dark Chocolate bar (AUD 7.50 per bar). The product offering is very simple - single bean bars in either dark or milk chocolate variety. The star of the show here is the type of chocolate bean. You could really taste the difference between the different types of chocolate beans. The presentation of the bars looked sophisticated and tasteful. Based on the price point, packaging quality and size of the item, I find this the best value item to buy in bulk to give away as gifts. So impressed was I that I bought 16 bars as gifts for friends back home and for my own consumption.

Here you could ask to taste the exact chocolate you are interested in compared to the Margaret River Chocolate Company where you get to taste only milk, white and dark chocolate pellets. I felt that this place was more upmarket and tasteful than the Margaret River Chocolate Factory in a discerning/ sophisticated/minimalist sort of way. Yes, the interiors are very simple and the product offering was straightforward but this is in line with the philosophy.

There was a huge lawn where my kids could run around while I shopped in peace.

I would like to see more of such true artisanal shops in Margaret River and hope that Gabriel's will find a way to thrive without becoming overly commercialised.

1  Thank Empressplace
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently visited Gabriel's Chocolate outlet in Yallingup Margaret River and I was quite impressed. They make delicious chocolate processed from imported coffee beans from around the world. The chocolate is fresh tasting with different niche flavours. Although the shop is quite small the staff are friendly and helpful. You can view the making of the chocolate through its various stages, from bean to bar!
The chocolate slab cost about $12 but it is handmade with the best quality ingredients. While you are there have a coffee and some cake. Then off you go to one of the many boutique wineries close by.