“Much improved from last visit!”

Lamont's Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 23 Restaurants in Yallingup
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Thankfully, Lamonts has improved from my review 6 months ago.
FOOD: The menu was lovely. We shared 4 share plates and a chips between 3 of us. The whiting and the salmon were fabulous. Definitely recommended. The pumpkin and the duck were good but the fish dishes were standouts. We also lashed out with dessert. Pavlova great, lemon tart great, trifle good.
WINE: shared a bottle of sparkling between us. Lamonts of course. It was nice. Ad a glass of red eah. Again, both the reserve and Shiraz were nice. Wines were expensive. Choice was either Lamont wine or really expensive imported.
SERVICE: really nice and attentive waiter. But...food was really slow. 40 mins for share plates to arrive. Nearly the same wait for the dessert. The trifle needed to set! If we had have been told they had run out we would have ordered something else to stop the wait.
VENUE: it s much more spacious than last visit, so happy with that.
PRICE: $70 per head. $30 was for the wine.

Would we return? Yes we would. Well done.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I had a quiet weekday lunch here. We ordered a selection of sharing bits, then an entree each. The food was all great. The only disappointment was the price of the wine - double to what I would have for a takeaway. For this reason, we would think twice about going again. Also, the view of the carpark and sandhills is not very inspiring.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Have been to the previous Lamonts by the lake on many occassions Found the service and food to a high standardat their new spot at Smith's Beach. The Marron was sublime and nearly ordered another. The salad was great and the wines were well priced by the glass. We enjoyed the lundh so much we booked for dinner that night and yes I hade the Marron again. The baguette was to die for , thought I was back in France. Will definitely return again.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have always seen Kate Lamont as one of the "institutions" of dining in Perth.
Over the years, have made many pilgimages to the Swan Valley for the amazing marron with beure blanc sauce and East Perth with its amazing setting by the water.
Her food has always been modern, adventurous and yet comforting at the same time.
So it was with pleasure that I saw the sign saying "Lamonts" as we pulled into the Smiths Beach Resort car park.
Unfortunately the car park was the best view we got there - nothing by comparison to the winery in the Swan or the water at East Perth.
The food was ok but if I didn't know Kate Lamont's involvement, I would have just said "good but not special" and it was handy not having to drive around aimlessly for a meal.
The restaurant's design missed the mark though - East Perth was quite a stunning modern design - the different materials and textures here didn't come together and the room lost any emotive feeling.
It was a plus though having their delicatessan there with a few value options and the breakfast is good quality.

1  Thank RonWamberal
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Ended up at Lamonts on a long weekend for lunch by default. (Everywhere else was full!) Now I know why this restaurant wasn't. The food we ordered was nice but not amazing. We ordered a main meal, glass of wine and a beer and shared a desert. The bill was $120 for two. There was a mistake with our bill where we were charged for an extra meal (entree worth $18.00). When I pointed this out, the staff were very flippant and refunded the amount with as much as an apology. My friend left her credit card at the counter by accident so the waitress ran the card out to her with the comment, "you would have more to worry about than $18 if you forgot this." Wouldn't bother going back.

1  Thank Happy_Traveler255103