Seashells Yallingup
Aqua Resort Busselton(Busselton)
Abbey Beach Resort(Busselton)
Restawile Motel(Busselton)
  • Pool
All reviewscaves hotelone bedroom apartmentthe pubpub next doormargaret riverfree moviesminute walkfire alarmlovely balconygeneral storetop floorself contained apartmentpleasant walkwashing machinecave houselive musicspa bath
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the long weekend in a one bedroom apartment. The apartment itself was very nice - clean, very spacious with a decent sized kitchen, hidden laundry, large living area and bathroom featuring a shower and separate bathtub. The balcony was lovely, overlooking beautiful gardens and bushland, however if you sit on the balcony you are within the sight of others also sitting on their balconies so it's not very private. It would be a great place for an extended stay due to the laundry and kitchen, but I probably wouldn't recommend it for a romantic getaway if that's what you are after. The peacefulness of the area was somewhat spoilt by the pub next door (it died down fairly early so didn't keep us awake but during the afternoon/evenings it was quite noisy and there were empty beer bottles strewn all over the carpark on Sunday night when we returned from dinner) and there also seemed to be a lot of families with children staying there (probably due to the fact that there are 2 bedroom apartments available). We normally like to stay somewhere a bit quieter, more private and a bit more luxurious but if you are after affordable accommodation in a convenient location then Seashells is definitely worth a look. It is only a couple of minutes' drive from Studio Bistro, and about 5 minutes from Lamonts so there are some good dinner options as well as being close to all the wineries, galleries etc during the day. The accommodation could be improved by the provision of better toiletries (there was no shower cap and although the soaps were nice the bath gel and shampoo/conditioner were not), better tea (only English Breakfast was provided - no herbal teas) and daily servicing. Also for this size and type of accommodation you would expect a gym but there is none. If I was rating the accommodation without taking into account the surroundings I would probably have given it 4 stars as I do think it's good value for the price, but unfortunately the pub next door does bring the whole place down a notch. I'm sure if you were staying during the week or even on a weekend other than a long weekend it would probably be less of an issue.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top level (there are lifts so stairs are not an issue) and as far from the Caves House side of the property as possible.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kristy K
Royce C, General Manager at Seashells Yallingup, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Kirsty K,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm sorry to hear the noise from the property next door interrupted your stay, as the property is independent of Seashells Yallingup we liaise with the owners to try and ensure disturbances are kept to a minimum. We also send our guests information about any music sessions in advance of their stay so they are aware of any possible disturbance, I believe this information was sent to you prior to your stay. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our housekeeping & maintenance teams regarding the cleanliness of the rooms, they do work hard to ensure this standard is maintained. I agree, our One and Two bedroom apartments have an excellent design, ideal for long stays with everything you will need to cook you own meals and do your own laundry if required. With the property's close proximity to the Margaret River wine region we are ideally located near some great dining options, a couple of which I'm glad to see you enjoyed during your stay. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed here with my mum for one night while we visited Yallingup and Dunsborough. It was a lovely place to stay and couldn't fault it. We were on the ground floor, and our balcony overlooked the garden and the pub next door. The pub was very lively due to a surfing competition that had been going on that weekend, with a live band etc. We loved being able to listen to the band and liked the hustle and bustle. If you didn't want to hear it all, the doors also did a great soundproofing job. The bathroom was lovely and the beds very comfortable. Would absolutely stay again.

Room Tip: If you want no noise at all, ask for a room away from the bar, although it's not a problem.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Royce C, General Manager at Seashells Yallingup, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear LizzylambUK,
I hope to welcome you & your mother back to the hotel soon, your review was a delight to read. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I chose Seashells as our accommodation while in the Margaret River as they had a great special on at the time. We stayed in a one bedroom self contained apartment which was a steal at only $159 per night. Some may think this is a little pricey but we found it to be worth every cent as soon as we arrived. The apartment is a great size, very modern but homey at the same time. We couldn't believe how nice it was. We came at the end of autumn so the weather was quite fresh but if it was Warmer we would have spent a fair bit of time out on the balcony admiring the view. The whole place was very clean and the king size bed made for a great nights sleep. We could not fault it at all and wished we could have stayed a few more nights. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Courtney M

Dear Courtney,
Thank you for your recommendation, It is lovely to hear you and your partner had an enjoyable stay. I do agree the design of the apartments are excellent, many of our guest call us their home away from home. I hope you are able to return soon and stay a little longer.
Property Manager.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

As first time visitors to Western Australia, we couldn't have been happier with our choice of Seashells Yallingup for our exploration of the South West corner of Western Australia, best known to some as the 'Margaret River area'.

Our suite was attractive, spacious, spotless, comfortable and equipped with cooking, dishwashing and washing facilities, not to mention a spa and sizeable balcony overlooking natural bushland in earshot of bush birds and the famous local surf break.

With the choice of eating in or dining out, we did both and enjoyed our meal at the nearby historic Caves House Hotel, a treat in itself.

If only we’d had a lazy week up our sleeves to fully explore the Yallingup locality, including the spectacular coastal walks, rather than stick to our set agenda of touring WA’s South West corner.

Seashells was in easy reach of the township of Margaret River and legendary surf beaches, including Yallingup, home to Taj Burrows, and Prevelly Beach, on the mouth of Margaret River, purportedly the inspiration for Australian writer Tim Winton’s award winning book Breath.

On our drive south to Cape Leeuwin, we took time out to explore a self-guided cave, check out the historic settlement of Augusta and take a guided tour of the Cape Leeuwin lighthouse with its magnificent coastal views.

There is a big difference between Margaret River, the region, and Margaret River, the township, and I know which one I would stay in next time round, starting with ‘Y’.

Room Tip: Located as we were on the south side ground floor, we had next to no noise issues. If we'd been there in summer, we would have enjoyed the 'sessions' musical interludes playing out at Caves House.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear BarbaraCSmith_13
Wow!! you certainly took advantage of all the South West has to offer during your time in the region. Thank you for taking the time to write your review, it was a pleasure to read. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the Seashells Yallingup Team. We hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.
Best Regards,

Reviewed May 1, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at Seashells for two days before Anzac Weekend. Our one bedroom unit was large, clean, well equipped and quiet. The service was efficient. It was so peaceful - the only "noise" we encountered was from the birds, occupying the large, treed gardens in front of the untis. There is a short walk to the beach - maybe 1km. The beach itself is beautiful, with a safe swimming lagoon. We counted ourselves lucky to get such a good deal for this unit which normally would be 2-3 times the price - so well worth the money spent (that is why I rated value 5/5)

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room with a private, sunny patio area.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Royce C, General Manager at Seashells Yallingup, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Sandra B,
I am glad to read you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for taking the time to write your review. I agree, the swimming lagoon at Yallingup is very nice and a great place for kids to swim. I hope you will be able to return some time in the future.