“Absolutely Sensational!”

Ranked #4 of 11 Yallingup B&B and Inns
City Beach Perth
“Absolutely Sensational!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2009

My husband & I stayed at Injidup Spa Retreat earlier this month & normally I would never bother to write a review, but I just had to let other people know how amazing this place is! Our stay there was absolutely perfect!

We arrived in stormy weather and the lovely receptionist greeted us at the door and ushered us inside. The reception area is small but beautiful and so tastefully decorated. Check in was a breeze; the receptionist helped us with our luggage and we were shown to our villa, and WOW!! what a view. The deck had the most amazing plunge pool, but the view was something else. The coastline here is just stunning. We could even see surfers riding the waves below!

Inside, our villa it was so cozy and warm whilst the storm raged on outside. We ended up settling in on the couch for our first night with a bottle of local red wine. Everything you would ever need is in the villa; flat screen TV's, foxtel and an i-pod docking station. There is no mobile reception here as it’s quite isolated but it’s a retreat, that the best part! So that didn’t bother us at all. To combat this problem though there is a cordless phone in the room and the receptionist kindly gave us the phone number so that we could give the number to family and friends wanting to reach us. The fireplace in the lounge kept us warm and cozy, very romantic. The bathrooms are beautiful and large, and thank god the toilet is separate with a door. They also provide you with guest robes. Very five star, luxury all the way.

The next day we each had a purify package in the exclusive spa and it was one of the best spa experiences I've ever had. The staff are exceptionally talented and professional, and we booked more treatments for the following day. All the staff here are wonderful - they made reservations for us for breakfast, lunch and dinner which took the entire guess work out for us!

Absolute bliss! You must experience Injidup Spa Retreat. It was the most relaxing & laid back holiday we’ve ever had, loved it!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoanneCityBeachPerth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
perth australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2009

This was my husband and my first trip away child free in 7 years. Needless to say I researched long and hard before selecting the perfect destination to relax and be pampered.

When we arrived we could tell from the not yet mature landscaping this place was new. We were not offered assistance with our luggage but the receptionist obliged when we asked as we were in the furthest villa (number 10 i think) . We were warned on arrival to beware of the snakes - they apparently have a bit of a snake problem in and around the resort. Great for phobics like me! Guess it is important to be warned. Welcome to Injidup!

We were pleased with the villa - very minalistic whites/creams. Lovely plunge pool. We were unfortunate to also be placed in the villa that overlooks the building site and as such we were subjected to disturbing noise from early morn till sundown as well as trucks/builders coming and going . I even had people from the building site poking there head thought the gap in the fence to have a look whilst I am sitting in the plunge pool. A brushwood fence also obstructed our ocean views. When the building work is complete the villa will be overlooking a roadway to the new property.

When I booked i asked about privacy as this was important to us and I expained this to the receptionist who said we would be very pleased with the privacy. I also enquired if there was internet connection as this is required for our business and the answer was 'Yes definitely'. When we arrived I asked how I hook into the internet and was told sorry the only place you can use the internet is in the office which has limited opening hours. When I explained that I had been told before booking there was definite internet connection in our room the receptionist/manager said noone should have told you that. Well err they did thus I booked this place! In the same breath the receptionist also said you can't get mobile phone coverage here either so how could we expect an internet connection. Ok so now please be warned people don't stay here if you need to have mobile coverage...it was suggested we drive to the top of the hill if we needed to use our mobiles. I must let you know the young receptionist was never rude and always pleasant but very inexperienced for a property that is trying to service the top end of the market.

We booked a 3 night stay which was stay 3 pay 2 nights. I was told of all the inclusions such as a welcome basket. When I asked the receptionist what that included she read from a list which include cheeses, pates, dips cold meat selection ect. I realised most of the items were missing when we arrived so I queried the receptionist (the same person I made the booking with) and was told because we were on a stay 3 pay 2 we did not qualify for that basket and just got the basics. I was now feeling like we had kind of been conned. I mean we still were paying $650 per night! So I told the receptionist that it was she who told me what to expect in our welcome basket just before I gave her my CC details and I believed an establishment of this standard should honour the promises they make to guests! She then said she will organise the rest of the basket to be delivered the following day.

We asked them to book some restaurants for us and had to follow them up on both occasions. No message in the room to confirm and in fact we ended up without a dinner reservation for Sunday night. We had asked them to book Cape Lodge for us on Friday afternoon for Sunday dinner. On Sunday when I followed up as I hadn't had a confirmation they explained that Cape Lodge don't take bookings on Sunday night and can only confirm a table after they have given their inhouse guests preference first. Ok this is fair enough but possibly information we would have appreciated on Friday so we could have a plan B! Again inexperience and lacklustre service. There is no room service at this property. We ended up ordering at short notice a platter put together by a local chef. Most of it was cold seafood and it was dreadful! Seafood did not taste fresh which meant it was inediable. We ended up having cheese on toast. On check out when asked how we enjoyed the platter I let her know it was dreadful and got a 'Oh well,never mind and thanks for your feedback' response as she added the platter to the bill. Which I paid and ran vowing never to return.

I used the day spa for a 2.5 hour treatment. I had a young traveller as my therapist who spent most of the time talking of her personal life....not that relaxing to be honest. Paying several hundred dollars for an inexperienced therapist was not worth it either. I know it is hard to find staff down that way so I did not complain or give any feedback about my treatment - nor was I asked for feedback.

I went to reception to fetch some fresh pool towels on day 3. The cleaning staff had taken the one we left in the bathroom and the one we had left was starting to smell. The receptionist informed me that the cleaner should not have taken the towel in the bathroom as they don't replace them during your stay. I found this peice of information incredible. She said they don't keep a supply of pool towels on hand but we might be lucky if she could locate a couple. OMG!

My advice DONT stay here if you require privacy, internet/telephone connection, concierge, room service, pampering or clean pool towels. The owner of this property should be made aware of the problems this place faces in a very competative market. It could be so good but it was an absolute dissapointment.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
14 Thank susanPerthAustralia
Canberra, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2009

We stayed at Injidup in January 2009 for our honeymoon, following three heavenly days at Cape Lodge down the road.

Cape Lodge (at the same price of about $850pn) included all meals so we had great expectations. At $850 per night room only you should have great expectations.

Injidup is in a beautiful and isolated location - heaven for relaxing and escaping. The view from each room is amazing as is the deck with plunge pool and BBQ overlooking the ocean - ideal for relaxing over a glass of wine watching the sun set each evening.

When we checked in we were advised of 'work going on' in front of our room but were assured it would not disturb us as they had an agreement with the builders.

Three out of seven mornings I awoke to trucks reversing - all prior to 7am. At a three star this might be okay but not on our honeymoon when in an isolated area for the price we were paying. They could have moved us to another villa more removed if they knew this work was going on. Every day there were work men and trucks parked in view of our villa - disturbing the view and also our privacy. I am not one for complaining so tried to tell myself it would get better each day. It didnt.

The rooms are beautiful and modern and no complaints at all there. The only improvements they could make are a better equipped kitchen - unless I want to microwave or BBQ I could not make pasta, stir frys etc - as a vegetarian my options were limited and I had to reheat pre-prepared meals. For a couple of days this is okay but a week it makes it hard.

We didnt use the spa as it was very expensive (double the price of previous place we stayed for an in room massage) and limited in options (no facials etc).

On our final day we did raise our concerns about the work trucks and disturbance. The normal girl (Alana) was away but the manager (Lisa?) was there and very responsive, sending champagne and also agreeing to compensation. This was welcome and we felt our concerns had been dealt with reasonably. As such I was not going to write a review on Trip Advisor, in fairness to the retreat and acknowledgement of their action.

However after that I was given the run around - the accountant had my account details (I was guessing from when we made our deposit) and would recredit funds in that night, then two weeks later when I followed them up they advised they never had my account details and would send a cheque. Then when this was followed up some weeks later they flustered around and eventually (over a month later) recredited funds into our account. In the ned we felt like we were being too painful for them and that they were doing us a favour. While the receptionist is lovely and pleasant I dont know that she is empowered to deal with complaints (having to refer) and also has skills to deal with issues if they are unpleasant.

So while there is potential and the rooms are beautiful and it is a true escape from daily grind, they have a long way to go. It is not a luxury hotel rather at this point a fancy serviced apartment with a spa attached. While the hotel compendium does say they can organise yoga, meals etc for you there is no detail etc - I dont want to chase this when paying $850 per night - I want options and costs given to me so I can just ring and book. A restaurant or room service/local restaurant delivery service would be wonderful. They have a lot to iron out before they are really slick. We had the comparison of Cape Lodge service which just showed how poles apart they are.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Laura0576
Perth
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2009

We booked into this resort for a birthday celebration weekend. On the surface all appeared beautiful and we were very pleased. The first afternoon come 4.00 pm a pumping truck appeared admist our beautiful view and proceeded to unload its contents for 3 hours. The next day the same occurance happened for 5 hours. The following morning said truck arrived once again at 7.30 am and was still pumping its contents when we checked out at 11.00 am. On checkout we complained. The young lady on the checkout desk came to the room, heard the noise, commented how dreadful it was and said she was sure the Manageress would do something to compensate our inconvenience. When the Manageress saw us, she said "Sorry" building down below. Not really my problem. We pointed out it was anything but relaxing in front of our noses. She couldn't have cared less, offered nothing but platitudes, and we left with a very sour taste in our mouths. Being well travelled and having stayed in Luxury Small Hotels all over the world, this was one of the very worst experiences we have ever had when a complaint has been made. Everyone I have told the story to has said they will not bother trying this place.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Travellingbysail
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2009

What a place to totally relax. The view, the solitude, the surroundings, the smells and last, but certainly not least, the villa! A perfect retreat while spending a few days in the Margaret River Area of WA.

The room, I would personally classify it more as a villa, is fantastic. The décor is superb, the small living room has everything you could wish for (comfortable couches, flat screen TV, surround sound, I-pod docking station, miniature kitchen with cutlery) and the unobstructed view over the ocean is superb. When the sun sets open a bottle of fantastic locally produced wine and just enjoy.

Another cool extra is the plunge pool and the barbeque on the veranda. As you will mostly go out for lunch and sightseeing during the day, this is perfect to spend the evening in your villa with something nice on the barbeque and good bottle of red. Also, you can watch a movie with full surround sound on the couch in the living room while leaving the sliding doors open to hear the breaking of the waves in the distance.

The hotel is conveniently located, near all the main wineries and attractions. We did not try the spa so I can’t comment. If you take a 10 minute walk down the hill you get to a completely empty heavenly beach. All in all a fantastic hotel if you would like quite, private evenings with your partner and enjoy the wonderful scenery Margaret River has to offer. Alana, the property manager, is terrific and will help you plan your daily schedule with great tips on restaurants and wineries to visit. The hotel has no restaurant or bar but that’s exactly what I liked! As I mentioned, you visit those places during the day and then get to relax in the evening. However, of you’re looking for action at night this is not your place.

• Liked — The view and to have your own barbeque
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Singapore_traveler
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2009

Stayed for a week in early December. This boutique apartment development is well described by their promo info so go to the Injidup website for pics etc. The units are overlooking the Indian Ocean and just near the Cape to Cape walking trail. It is a very windy spot but just perfect for doing absolutely nothing, using the day spa or as a base for surfing, walking, visiting attractions in the Yallingup/Margaret River area. Injidup has connections with the nearby Smith Beach Resort so complimentary transport is provided to and from Bathers Cafe Restaurant . If you ask at reception they will organise things for you. Each unit has an individual plunge pool which is great as is the bbq, some lovley touches are the indoor (spirit) fire, breakfast hamper ,coffee machine and selection of books/magazines. Would go back tomorrow.
Tips - You do need your own transport.and there is no mobile phone coverage unless you go 100 metres up the hill from the retreat. Not for kids.

• Liked — peace and quiet, great views
  • Disliked — no mobile or wireless internet connection
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank culturenrelaxation
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2008

We stayed here for 4 nights in October, and it was simply stunning. We stayed from Monday to Thursday night - for the first few nights we were the only guests in the resort, which in many ways was lovely but a little strange. The reception certainly made us feel welcome and helped us get settled into our room, and gave us any direction or help when asked.

The room was excellent - really more of a small beach house than a hotel room. There was a kitchen with a microwave, a small dishwasher, an expresso machine, toaster and fridge. Outside was a bbq. We actually ate in our room three nights, partially because we were not supposed to drive at night and the nearest place to go to a restaurant was probably 10 kms away, but partially because the view was soo amazing. It was lovely to be able to laze around with the door wide open and listen to the waves and watch the whales (!!) go by.

There was actually two bedrooms and bathrooms in our "house" and the space was very welcome. It was very easy to feel very settled after a short while. We didnt try any of the spa treatments whilst we were there - that s not really our gig.

We felt like the only people around in the whole area- the resort is surrounded by national park and at the time we were there all the wildflowers were out and made for very pretty walks down to the beach ,and the landscape was like nothing i had seen.

Our only critisism of the hotel would be that it was a little far to go and get small items like milk or the like if you had run out, and that the wireless internet was not available in every room yet(however you could access it in reception).

We would highly recommend the resort to any couple who was looking for a complete getaway - and certainly hope to go back ourselves if we are ever in the area.

• Liked — The ambience, the view, the room
  • Disliked — the distance for little things
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank twigmale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yallingup
Pullman Bunker Bay Resort Margaret River Region
#1 of 11 in Yallingup
Cape Lodge
Cape Lodge
#1 of 13 in Yallingup

Been to Injidup Spa Retreat? Share your experiences!