“Never again”

Tree Top Walk Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Walpole
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

So I stayed here mid November.
I arrived at 7:45pm to be told its to late to checkin. And that I shouldn't be arriving at a ridiculous time after she realised I was there for a week she soon booked me in but extremely rude.

I would never go back there based on the attitude of the old bag and it is disturbing to see the reviews about her. I ended up staying elsewhere in town

• Stayed: November 2012
5  Thank Chloe_summer
There are newer reviews for Tree Top Walk Motel

Reviewed January 9, 2013

After reading some of the reviews on the Tree Top Walk Motel I must say my stay was very pleasant. Found the rooms very comfortable & clean. The restaurant served up a nice meal & I found the staff very friendly. The only downfal was the weather, where it was cold & rained on & off but that's Walpole for you.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jennafina
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This place was adequate for an overnight stay on the way to the Tree Top Walk. The rooms are quite large and the beds reasonably comfortable. It's also in a great location on the edge of town within good walking distance of food outlets.

However, there were a couple of problems with the motel. First, like another reviewer, they had trouble finding our booking. We had booked in March over the phone and confirmed again two weeks before arriving, but it took them a while to eventually find the docket with the booking. They also kept changing the rate on us. When I booked, it was $124 per night, but they charged $135 per night (even though their website currently says $130 per night). The ceiling fan was useless, as it was wired in incorrectly. Also, don't expect to watch the TV at night -- reception is appalling!

For their restaurant and breakfast service, the prices are "gold-plated" for what they provide. Much better value for dinner can be had at the Top Deck Cafe in the middle of town, while the Golden Wattle Cafe Bakery does a much more reasonably priced breakfast.

An acceptable stay overall, but I would recommend investigating other options if you have the time/budget.

Room Tip: The western side of the building (room numbers 30+) was quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The management of this motel are the rudest people ive come across in my travels. Ignorant and down right rude. Avoid at all costs...... The location is fine and the rooms are just OK but DO NOT pre book before meeting the management. This is coming from a family with kids. SHOCKED that there is heartless people like this getting around in the accomodation business.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank GingerTourCaptain
Reviewed January 2, 2013

After needing to find accomodation for 6 people and a toddler at the last minute, we managed to get a family room which was perfect for us. The facilities were excellent, there is a swimming pool, large rooms, dining table, air conditiioning, coffee/tea, kettle, microwave & toaster. The location is close to everything & reasonably priced.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is a good motel in a small town with spacious, comfortable rooms and well fitted bathrooms. It is well-located, being a stone's throw from local shops and cafes, and a shoprt drive from the tree tops walk. The rooms were clean, although our quilt had a few dirty patches and had to be replaced. There is a dedicated car park right in front of your room.

A huge turn off however, is the unbelievably rude and belligerent elderly owner who runs the place. You will be hard pressed to find worse customer service in Australia. We had a mixup over the confirmation of our rooms- we had wanted to cancel our reservation but she didn't let us because it was (only?) a week's notice. So we turned up, having confirmed three times that day that we were coming. She still cancelled our booking and quarrelled with us in the most shocking manner, using phrases like "I don't lie, so that won't work on me", and "Don't shake your head lady!" even though we were calm the whole time. Her EQ must be about -80.

On the whole, if you don't mind bringing business to a person who doesn't know how to talk to customers (and people), and don't great rattled by such rudeness, and are not put off by similar reviews below, it is a fairly good motel in Walpole I would recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Virad
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Service is disappointing and insulting.

At first they couldn't find my booking and then there was one bed less than I had booked for and which had been confirmed. When I made a complaint about this, they only wanted to correct this for an extra $35,-. The way they announced this was by shouting at me, being very upset themselves, but meanstwhile accusing me of rude and disturbing behaviour in front of other guests. Ofcourse they didn't even want to blink at the confirmation which said I already paid for the extra bed.

Pity, since the rooms weren't too bad, though this was overshadowed because of this problem.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family