Walpole Lodge
  • Restaurant
$93
$90
  • Pool
The Koorabup Motel(Denmark)(Great Value!)
$96
$165
$153
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Ocean Beach Hideaway(Denmark)(Great Value!)
$82
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
  • Spa
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspool tablefree wificommunal kitchenensuite roomsmall fridgewould recommend this place to anyoneone nightcomfortable bedbig gardenoutdoor areacooking oilsalt and pepperother guestssandy beachenjoyed our staylots of spacewood fire
Reviewed August 2, 2012

What a pleasant time I had at Walpole Lodge. I reserved one of the single rooms, but was put in a double, and turned out to be the only guest that night! I had a very relaxed evening with fish and chips from the takeaway, watching the Olympics and playing a bit of pool. The bed was comfortable and the shower powerful. The kitchen was huge and the free tea and coffee was good too! The hosts were very friendly - all in all I had an extremely relaxed and enjoyable time at Walpole Lodge - highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed at Walpole Lodge for three nights in early May. The hosts were wonderful very friendly and helpful and the atmosphere peaceful. They offered to drop me at the tree top walk if I wished to go there as I'd arrived by bus and also dropped me at the bus stop in town at the end of my stay. The kitchen is clean and well equipped with free tea and coffee. I stayed in a private double room with shared facilites for only $65 per night and the mattress was firm and comfortable. The bathroom was clean and the shower hot. The lounge area was comfortable with leather sofas and a big screen TV. I would recommend Walpole Lodge to anyone wanting an affordable, clean and central location to stay the location is ideal only a short walk to the main street shops and restaurants and a five minute walk from the inlet.

Room Tip: If you want a little more comfort they also have some ensuite rooms available for only $85 per night
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 4, 2012

The best part of this backpackers is the friendly welcome you receive and the interesting people you meet. We stayed two nights and enjoyed both mainly because of the atmosphere and company. The rooms were a little hot but we were able to use the fan in the room. The extractor fan made a lot of noise the first night, but this was fixed immediately. There was plenty of cooking equipment in the communal areas and also oil salt and pepper for cooking, milk tea and coffee provided also. The owners are a major asset and really know how to make you welcome.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I stumbled across the Walpole Lodge while travelling through the south west and could not have been happier with my stay!
The new owners were very accommodating and helped me work out which accommodation choice was best for me.
The Lodge is walking distance to everything from the jetty to the town centre and the pub.
I couldn't have found a better place to stay in Walople!

Room Tip: The new owners are very knowledgeable on the local attractions and eatries so if you need to know anything just ask!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We found this place on a walk-in basis and were pleasantly surprised. It is an older establishment with few frills but our en-suite private room was good value for the price paid. What really impressed us was the large, well equipped communal kitchen with free tea and coffee (instant - you pay for the coffee machine).We spent quite a few hours with the very friendly hosts in the guests lounge talking about travel with them. A lucky find and a great experience. The free wifi was another bonus.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple