“Rude staff”

Dome Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Telephone + 61 8 9292 5286
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The Dome chain is one of my favourite coffee hang outs and it was no surprise that we made a bee line for the Dome when we saw the Dome on Rottnest.

The Dome at Rotto was at a strategic location – easy access, plenty of tables. Usual Dome menu – no surprises there.

However, one major disappointment when we visited on that fateful day was the shockingly rude staff there. Actually, it was the ONE blonde checkout chick there that had absolutely has no idea on how to speak to tourists - especially foreign tourists.

I was absolutely appalled and embarrassed at her bluntness and lack of courtesy to my guests. Gosh, you would have expected hospitality staff to be trained in basic manners... but this young lady simply had no idea.

There was total lack of empathy for their international customers. HELLO.... Believe it or not, the Australian accent is not the easiest to understand for foreigners. YOU need to speak clearly .. and check if you have been understood.

YOU DO NOT berate your customers in front of other customers.

YOU DO NOT accuse your customers of lying about their order (my friend was accused of ordering two cups of latte when she only wanted one).

I was shocked that your DOME staff had the cheek to insinuate that "too bad" you made the order, you pay for it!?

I strongly recommend that the DOME flushes out such sub-standard service and replace such staff with those who are capable of using common sense and brains when faced with situations like these.

Gosh, arguing with a customer over a cup of coffee is bad, bad publicity because guess what? Your one customer will tell five of their friends of their bad experience and each of the five will tell five, and so on.

Customer service training is essential for a place like Rotto - especially customer service with foreign tourists because Rotto is a tourist attraction and the last time I checked, there were quite a few foreigners there.

1  Thank tam009

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Been there for breakfast and it was nice and delicious. It has a wide selection of foods and drinks. As a part of a big chain dome is one of the most seen cafes in WA

1  Thank siunal
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Dome remains my favourite chain cafe in the World. It's just delicious! I love the pancakes, fries with sour cream, and the banana smoothie. Plus the one on Rottnest has that marvellous view of Thomsons Bay!

Reminds me of my school days in Perth when we'd go before and after school and cause chaos in the Claremont branch - sorry guys!

1  Thank Catherine L
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Just away from the beach front sits the dome coffee shop a great place to sit daydream and watch the world go by with a very relaxes atmosphere.A great way to start your day fresh orange juice and maple and fruit pancackes.

1  Thank sabreBerkshire
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We chose a table on the verandah because of the warm day and enjoyed the scenery, both land scape and human...

Nice food at average prices, but had to watch out for the cheeky crows and seagulls that will sidle up to your table and pounce on any crumb. Even had a quokka hopping around my feet under the table, much to my daughter's amusement.

2  Thank dvous