“Overpriced, so share a meal, great views”
Review of Aristos - CLOSED

Aristos
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I shared fish and chips with my dad and that was plenty. They over 'deep fried' the fish as well as my daughters nuggets so everything was a deep brown. I really should of returned it. Overpriced. We dined early at 5.50pm and it was empty on a Tues night. Good views.

2  Thank Fee70

Reviewed March 14, 2013

On Rottnest everything is more expensive than it would be on the mainland. Start with that fact and then decide if you want an actual restaurant or Red Rooster.

Aristos does good to very good food at quite expensive prices in a lovely setting overlooking the Indian Ocean just a short stroll from the main Thomson Bay settlement area. I would not suggest taking all the kids as it will add up but for a group of adults or for a romantic dinner this is a good choice.

The last time we went I had the Spicey Thai salad with snapper. At $29 it was fairly reasonably priced for Perth and it was actually very, very good. My husband had fish and chips which were not cheap but again, for a nice restaurant in Perth the price wasn't too far off normal. They do have a kids menu and if you go at lunch they have a cheap kiosk.

I think, for dinner, the views make this a worthwhile choice but there are other options http://www.rottnestisland.com/about/restaurants-cafes-bars

1  Thank teresha
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Aristos is very close to where passengers disembark the Ferries, it overlooks the ocean and has a nice verandah area with netting to prevent the birds taking your fish! It is expensive.

1  Thank leanne_pearc
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Yes, it's a lovely location but $26 for fish and chips is a bit over the top. The other dishes were equally expensive.

1  Thank PaulofPleshey
Reviewed February 2, 2013

People talk about going out for a seafood dinner at Aristos while staying on Rottnest, so we headed there last weekend as well. I've got to say we were gob-smacked by the prices - completely outrageous - whether one counts the quality of the food (which is just OK), the dining area, or the service. Its as though the management's view is that "we are Aristos and on the waterfront, so like it or leave". And its not as though there is much in the way of alternatives - for evening meals especially (3 places). Reduce the prices by 50%, dial down the attitude, clear the tables and sweep the floor and the place would be OK.

2  Thank TimoR313