“Dophins”

and up
Swim with Dolphins Day Trip from Perth
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in Rockingham
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the exhiliration of swimming with wild dolphins in their natural environment. Meet Logo, Boomerang or any other of over 200 bottlenose dolphins that we have come to know as friends. You don't need to be an expert swimmer and we'll teach you how to snorkel. Just bring a sense of adventure and be ready for a wild encounter with one of the oceans most fascinating creatures. We have over 20 years experience and a better than 99% success rate.
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great experience. Even although it was cold when we met the boat in the morning the wet suits were fab and kept us warm. Was wonderful to see the dolphins in their natural habitat and the staff were fantastic.

1  Thank kazwa0
PenguinIslandLocal, Manager at Rockingham Wild Encounters, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Thank you for your great rating of our Dolphin Swim! The air temperature can get cold by the end of the season, but lucky for us the water temperature stays warm.
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise and the dolphins. See you again soon! : )

There are newer reviews for Rockingham Wild Encounters

Reviewed June 2, 2013

It was a day with clear water and quite calm, and dolphins were located very quickly, so it was as easy as could be and it meant we got back into the city nice and early for some shopping too :-)

Wonderful to be near to wild dolphins, seeing them from both under the water and from the boat, and when under water hearing their echo/sonar buzzing and their whistling sounds. After the swimming the boat does a couple of big circles at speed to bring up a big wake behind the boat that the dolphins swim along with and jump out of the water.

This was a major thing we wanted to do on our trip to WA (first time for WA for my girlfriend, second time for me). I learned about dolphin swimming at Rockingham years ago from the "Billy Connolly World Tour Of Australia" TV series. It was the second last day of the viewing season and by this point the water is a little cool, but everyone gets wetsuits. We are very glad indeed that we did it and it all happened so quickly and easily.

1  Thank glennomeister
PenguinIslandLocal, Manager at Rockingham Wild Encounters, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to review your trip on our Dolphin Swim cruise! It is lovely to hear from happy customers! RWE

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

I bought my friend swim with the dolphin experience off groupon for her birthday and was a little cautious due to the fact we were ripped off in Bali however this was an amazing experience and a must do.

The staff were all very knowledgable and welcoming even though it was a wet chilly day everyone was enthusiastic and true enjoyed there job.

We left the jetty at 840 and returned at 12. There were about 30 people on board and lucky for us we found dolphins within 30mins. I myself signed on as a spectator ad found the experience very relaxing and calming. My friend loved the experience and ha been recommending this to everyone.

My only feedback would be that it appeared group one which my friend was apart of got more water time and dolphin exposure than group two good for us but maybe not for them however in saying that everyone on board appeared to have a great time and once completed they all got the opportunity to use the water scooters or snorkell.

I highly recommend this to everyone and also think that this would be a fab experience in the summer so you could soak up the sun and fully enjoy the day.

Great work to everyone at wild encounters you have knowledgable staff who are truly passionate.

1  Thank Kirsty M
PenguinIslandLocal, Manager at Rockingham Wild Encounters, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Hi Kirsty, thank you for posting your review about the swim with wild dolphins!
We appreciate all your great feedback about the trip and crew. Regarding the water time and dolphin interaction within the groups, the crew always tries to give the same amount of time to each group. Being wild animals we cannot control what they do at each drop, meaning that the dolphin experience will slightly vary for each group. It is nice to hear that all of the groups had a great time!
RWE

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We were picked up at our hotel in Perth not knowing what to expect. From the first contact with the staff and crew we were extremely well looked after and everything examined to us in great detail. The experience with the dolphins was amazing, the whole time the crew were working very hard to give everyone on the boat a great experience. Not an easy job for them as people have very different skill levels with swimming and snorkelling. After having travelled a lot and done many adventure type tours we would highly recommend this one to anybody. Next time in Perth the rockingham dolphin swim will be our first booking. Thanks so much to Terry and all his staff and crew for probably our best experience in Perth. We shall upload photos when home. Thanks Mark and Peta

1  Thank 2matesracing

Dear Mark and Peta, thank you very much for your great comment and rating! We really appreciate your feedback on the cruise, especially about the crew!
We hope to see you again soon and we look forward to see your pictures too! RWE

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We had booked to swim with dolphins, but unfortunately our tour was cancelled due to bad weather. This is understandable, as safety at sea is very important.
It's the dealings with the staff afterwards that I'm unhappy about. We called to enquire about a refund, and were told that we could rescedule or try to sell our tickets. As we were on holiday, we weren't able to rescedule. I have been let down before by companies charging large amounts for tours and then cancelling. Again, I understand, but felt jaded and wanted an explanation as to why we could not be refunded other than 'it's policy'. When I tried to talk to the manager about it, I was told he wasn't in, but that I could contact him by email. The receptionist then gave me her own email and name, pretending it was her managers. I was disappointed with this. I still have no closure as to why we can't be refunded when we paid $615 for this tour and have received absolutely nothing in return. Very, very disappointed with this company, their behaviour, and their policies.

3  Thank JacUlmarra
PenguinIslandLocal, Owner at Rockingham Wild Encounters, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Not Happy,

In response to your comments. Whilst I can see that you seem agitated with your situation, I question how we can help. The weather is something that we need to work around and unfortunately some tours do need to be cancelled due to safety issues. You say that the staff requested for you to send us an email so we can respond. Our email address is info@dolphins.com.au and once we receive that it would be forwarded to the correct person to respond to you. I am sorry, but without that, how can we help.

To assume that we would act like this is absolutely absurd. I have been in business for over 25 years with an amazing reputation for quality and service. I urge you to send us an email so we can try resolve the issue.