Multiple problems with this hotel and would never go back:
1) the staff quoted me one price on the phone and billed me another the morning after I stayed. When I complained, they showed me a handout at the desk that has prices. With all the NY taxes added it was $14 more than they had quaoted me! They also did not inform me when I made the reservation with my debit card that they would put a hold on my checking account in advance for the whole amount (if not more).
I had an overdraft charge because I put the money in to my checking account only a few days before my stay - since they put the hold on my account more than a week before my stay they made me overdrawn on my checking! They said this was standard but I think they should inform people
when they make the reservation - all they said was that they would need the debit card number and expiration date. Sheesh!
2) We didn't like the non-smoking room they gave us because outside our
door was a large ice machine constantly making ice and some soda/snack vending machines (at least three). We asked to change our room and they said all they had was smoking rooms. We went to see one upstairs and it totally reeked. I can't believe they would have such awful rooms!
We had to stay in the room they assigned us - which ended up having not only machine noises coming through under the undercut door but also traffic/truck noise from the Thruway - only yards away!
3) The Continental Breakfast was terrible - all carbohydrates - muffins and english muffins and cereal and the worst coffee I've had in a long time. We sat in a crowded room with no view except the trash cans and screaming children. Much appreciated after a sleepless night...ugh.
4) We went to the pool area and it was like a sauna - the ventilation was awful. The pool water was too warm and the whirlpool was too hot . It was not relaxing.
The only OK thing about the experience was there was free internet service
in the Lobby.
I complained both to Best Western and AAA about my experience.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western New Baltimore Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western New Baltimore Hotel West Coxsackie
- Best Western West Coxsackie
- West Coxsackie Best Western