“Great place to stay!!!!!”

Best Western New Baltimore Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in West Coxsackie
Fairfax, Vermont
“Great place to stay!!!!!”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My friend and I were in the area for a dog show from 5/18/12-5/20/12. We had our 2 Shelties with us. We could not have been more pleased with this place. Exceptionally clean, nice breakfast. The floors in the lobby were always very clean. Very comfy beds and a nice size room. The staff were all very friendly and showed concern that our stay was comfortable. We will definitely stay there again when we are in the area. It is convenient off the thruway. The noise from the thruway that some say is noisy did not cause a problem for us. There are some nice restaurants within 5 min of the hotel. We tried two of them and found them to be very good.
We were in a room close to the pool that could be a bit noisy but they close it at 10 so did not cause a problem for sleeping. The lawn needed to be mowed but that did not cause a problem for our stay. If you are traveling with your pets it is a great place as there is plenty of room to walk them. Please if you take your pets there, clean up after them. This is too nice a place to lose for those of us that travel with our pets because someone is not responsible for their pets, be it cleaning up after them or bothering other guests without pets.I urge anyone traveling in the area to try this Best Western. Prices not bad as far as we were concerned. I have stayed in pricier places that were not as nice and clean as this one. 24 hour coffe/tea in the lobby is a nice perk!!!!

Room Tip: If you don't want to ever hear people in the pool ask for a room down the hall, but this did not...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sharon P
Harry N, General Manager at Best Western New Baltimore Inn, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear Guest
A sincere thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel and staff. It is our pleasure to serve you at the BW New Baltimore Inn. We appreciate you taking the time to inform other travelers about our wonderful hotel.
Looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Terrebonne, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed at this BW for our last day on the road. We had no reservation and we stopped there because it was conveniently located near the New York Thruway, south of Albany. The area is mostly countryside. But there are some little stores nearby. We were very impressed with the quality of this hotel. So many little details in the lobby and in the breakfast area, such as quality furniture, frames, flowers arrangements etc. The room and all the hotel throughout were super clean. Comfy beds with soft sheets. I used the pool and the hot tub. The water temperature was perfect and the area was also very clean. The breakfast area is well maintained by the attendant, making sure that all is organized in an orderly manner and kept clean. Highly recommended for a road stop. The staff is very polite and helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank southguy
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to comment and review our hotel. Your kind observations are greatly appreciated. The staff at the BW New Baltimore Inn are grateful for guests like you!
Quebec City
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I booked a room at this hotel on April 6th and was very pleased with the service and the cleanlyness.The room was quiet and the bed very comfortable.
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We decided to stay at the Best Western New Baltimore Inn in West Coxsackie, NY, the night before going to visiting West Stockbridge, MA, which is approx. 40 miles away / 45 minutes. The hotel in general seemed clean with a nice setting & atmosphere. The room was large, the bed comfortable, quiet for sleeping. Included with your stay are continental breakfast, indoor pool and use of a fitness center. I must admit, the outside parking lot is rough, needs updating. The rates for the area are a little pricey; there is not much to do nearby. There are a few restaurants to the left of the hotel driveway on the way out, Red’s seafood is about one and a half miles, Quarry Steakhouse two miles, Pegasus Restaurant four miles and Paul’s Pizza two miles. In addition, a Dunkin Doughnuts is about one mile to the left. For breakfast we found a nice little hometown diner in Coxsackie, NY approx. three miles to the left called Chrissy’s Diner, on 233 Mansion Street. Over all, we did enjoy our stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Harry N, General Manager at Best Western New Baltimore Inn, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear RRanella
Thank you for the review! We hope you will return, and give us a chance to earn your
"five star" rating. As you pointed out so nicely we are a very clean and newly updated
hotel with a free full hot breakfast. Our area does offer several well known local restaurants within 3 miles from our hotel, with several who will deliver. We appreciate our guests who take the time to review our hotel.
Margate City, New Jersey
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I travel into the area quite often and have been staying at the hotel for a number of years. The conveniently located Best Western will give you excellent value for your money. The rooms are spacious, clean and very well appointed. The breakfast offering is quite sufficient and there is a small but more than adequate fitness room. Most important, the staff is extremely competent, warm and welcoming, always going out of their way for me. I can't imagine you'd be anything but very satisfied after your stay here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 24, 2012

This is a really nice hotel. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great. We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely come back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SavyTraveler60763
Harry N, Manager at Best Western New Baltimore Inn, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Dear Savytraveler-
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your kind words and hope you will stop at our hotel the next time you are in West Coxsackie, New York.
ny
Reviewed December 8, 2011

We booked a room in OCT for one night in november then had to cancel I called the hotel to cancel Nov 11th from work because we couldnt go the women who answered looked it up by my name seeing they never gave me a reservation number and said she canceled it believing this I never thought about it until weeks later they charged my credit card 196.00 assuming it was a error I called the manager told me to bad it never got canceled and to prove I cancelled I explained it was my employers phone and I cannot access records as I am not a account holder , she was rude refused any corp or owner information I am truly upset and shocked at her level or professionalism.I have filed a complaint with the BBB and am waiting on corp to make a decision as to whether I should be refunded for a stay that never happened this is such a shame a business just lost a loyal customer I will never stay with this hotel chain again OTHER BEWARE

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
bw12600, Manager at Best Western New Baltimore Inn, responded to this review, December 9, 2011
Dear nylynn
Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. I understand your frustration. In response to your review, it is our policy to give cancellation numbers during the initial phone call. As we discussed, if you can forward us evidence of this cancellation we are more than happy to accommodate you in this matter. It is our desire to resolve this situation as soon as possible.

Norma
Comfort Inn Saugerties
#3 of 6 in Saugerties
Days Inn & Suites Glenmont/albany
Pollace's Family Vacation Resort

Been to Best Western New Baltimore Inn? Share your experiences!