“One of our favorites”

Reds Restaurant Incorporated
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Schenectady, New York
“One of our favorites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife and I visited Red's for the first time several years ago on the recommendation of a friend. It was a half-hour drive for us, so I was hoping not to be disappointed...and I was NOT disappointed. The restaurant is just about a mile off the NYS Thruway at Exit 21B (Coxsackie). Parking is plentiful (but crowded on Sunday's for Brunch - reservations always recommended). The restaurant itself has the quaint look and comfortable feel of a 1940's roadhouse. The service staff is quick and attentive and the prices are extremely reasonable. The food is OUTSTANDING. Red's is most famous for their Seafood dishes, but the other menu selections (I've enjoyed many of them) are delicious as well. The entrees are complimented with an appropriate vegetable side and a potato dish (or rice). Bread rolls and crackers are served on table as well. Of interest is the "Frequent Diner's Club", which offers a discount for "Frequent Diners". Their menu and other information is available on their website. Owners Kate & Joe Konopka run this dining "gem" in Greene County and we visit often - maybe we'll see you there.

1 Thank Vince M

Saratoga Springs, New York
“"Old school" roadhouse dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

What a great place. Have enjoyed Easter brunch here for the past few years, where Red's packs them in! This past Easter, got a later than usual reservation for the last seating of the afternoon, and was worried that the place would be in sad shape and food depleted. Not so. Even with a 2:15 pm seating, it was spic-n-span, food was fresh and plentiful, and we felt like the first guests of the day. Service was prompt, friendly, attentive, and still energetic.

I am looking forward to returning soon for a weekend dinner date, and to enjoying the roadhouse charm with (maybe?) a little less of a crowd and to linger longer. Cozy, "old school" atmosphere--wood-paneled walls, eyelet cafe curtains, old movie photos--great service, excellent food, reasonable prices. A throwback establishment still going strong, and well worth the visit!

Cohoes, NY
“An amazing brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We decided to celebrate Easter at Red's. Their Sunday brunch is fantastic: Belgium waffles, an omelette station, bacon, sausage, eggs, quiche, fresh fruit, salads, seafood, two carving stations with great side dishes, baked goods and delectable desserts. We were a party of four: two adults and two teens and everyone thoroughly enjoyed this dining experience. Easter brunch was $19.95 for an adult and worth every penny.

Catskill, NY
“RED'S SEAFOOD RESTAURANT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

My wife and I enjoy going out for dinner, as do most couples. One of our favorite restaurants for near our home in the Catskills is Red's Seafood, in Coxsackie, New York. If you are driving the New York Thruway and it's lunch or dinner time, it's worth the short one mile trip from the Coxsackie exit. Turn left after the toll booth. The restaurant will be on your right, 12005 Route 9W. Red's has been a staple of the area since 1944. The restaurant specializes in seafood dishes, all good and made with the best ingredients. You can have meals from oysters to clams, to lobster to fish, and the place also serves other American fare. My wife and I have found the seafood consistently good to excellent. And they will make the seafood just about any way you like it. When I can't decide, I sometimes get the fried (bad, I know) seafood platter at about $25.00. Included is an excellent shrimp cocktail, salad and a plate full of assorted seafood - scallops, oysters, shrimp, clams and haddock, and vegetable and potato. The chowders, Manhattan or New England, are both very good as sides. Red's also often offers a prix fix meal that includes appetizer, salad or soup, dinner and a choice of selected desserts. Their bar offers a full range of wines and drinks, too. If it's your birthday, they will give you a free walnut cake for dessert! Finally, if you go there regularly, for every hundred dollars you spend on meals, you will receive a $10.00 reduction in the cost of your next visit. Ask your waitress how that works. If it sounds as though my wife and I like Red's, well, we do!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank JohnCatskill_NY
Erwinna, Pennsylvania
“Great food, great service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I love this place. Many times, I stop in Coxsackie on my way home from Malone, NY. I usually get tired and can't make it much further. I stumbled across Red's, and I'm sooo glad I did! I usually come in right before they close, and they never make me feel rushed. I sat at a table my first time there, but last time I sat at the bar. The bartender and manager were really nice. I wish I wrote this sooner because now I can't remember their names. They made small talk with me and made me feel at home. The food is absolutely amazing. I got specials both times I ate there. First, I had the Fisherman's net - lobster, shrimp, scallops, spinach fettuccini (I think?), and an herb sauce (I think?). The details are vague, but I can tell you it was awesome. Seafood perfectly cooked, pasta was wonderful, sauce amazing, too. I really needed an extra person to share it with - I felt awful only finishing about half of it!! The second time, I got a scallop dish - they were in a mushroom cream sauce, stuffed inside puff pastry. The pastry was flakely, delicate and light, the cream sauce was so yummy, and there were at least 6 or 7 giant scallops cooked to perfection! They had a beautiful golden sear without overcooking. OMG. Yum. And, they have Ommegang beer... I believe the 12 oz Abbey Ale and the large bottle of Rare Vos. Perfect meal. Warm, friendly environment.

• Visited November 2012