“Super clean. Stayed 4 nights”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Barker
Mt Barker Caravan Park & Cabin Accommodation
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed in a cabin with own large ensuite a few steps away. Everything extremely clean-lovely linen, towels and little kitchenette. Found it quiet (apart from the odd truck noise, but our cabin was away from the road). Modern machines in laundry, and great reverse cycle air con in room kept us cosy on v. Cold and windy nights. Owner's local knowledge very handy and lots of visiting native birds. Very happy with our stay. Recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roachie2013

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed here on a powered site for 3 weeks & I can't fault it at all. Steve & Shirley (owners) were fantastic. It's a gorgeous little park within easy walking distance of Mount Barker township. The amenities were second to none with clean hot showers and clean tidy toilets. Well shaded sites & the grounds were constantly maintained. Just across from sites is a well equipped camp kitchen, with tables, benches and a fire place for those chilly nights, big enough for a large party of people The overall comfort level of the Caravan Park was relaxing. I highly recommend this park & we'll make it one of our regulars.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank danzinoz
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We have been lucky enough to spend a couple months travelling up and down the South Coast of Western Australia and stayed in a variety of accommodation places. But by far the best and most relaxing place we stayed was a place called Mount Barker Caravan Park which is a couple minutes before the township on the Albany Highway. We stayed in a beautiful cabin which was very clean and had everything you could possibility need while on holidays. Breakfast each morning out on the front deck of the cabin while the morning sun warmed our souls and was truly the perfect way to start the day.. peaceful and very relaxing..
We had several brilliant day trips to many of the wonderful natural attractions in the area which was made possible by the recommendations of Steve and Shirley, Owners of the park who added greatly to our stay by their excellent knowledge of the area and their very friendly nature.. But by far the best part of day was at dusk sitting on the cabins front deck having a few cold drinks watching the amazing sun setting creating an beautiful red glow it was like a scene out of that Australian Movie truly a breath taking experience..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank elsearaz
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Manager was rude and kept us waiting ... We were informed there was no unpowered so even though we didn't need power we still got charged $36 in off peak for a concrete slab clean toilets but horrible showers water kept cutting out so ended up freezing :( overall wouldn't stay here again quite disappointed

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank Allymoo22
Reviewed September 20, 2013

$36 for 2 people in a single tent at an unpowered site in what everywhere else in the region says is low season...wow. Standing ankle deep in water in the shower because the drainage was poor wasn't great either. Camp kitchen seemed ok although no running hot water for dishes and only has two sides so the wood stove has a hard job keeping you warm.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Laura S
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was in Mt Barker WA last year. I really like this park, and having travelled nearly 20,000 kms, around WA and SA I think I know a goodie from a baddie.
The couple who run this park were very helpful, efficient, and just plain nice. Both the lady and her husband were both really good to deal and friendly to deal with.
The Amenities block here were without a doubt THE cleanest I came across and were a good size. Some of the parks I stayed in - man! it was even hard to get dressed cos they were so small and nasty. But not here - Every day there was even clean bathmats folded neatly over the rail. Bathmats!!! Yep - there were.
There were lovely trees, and plenty of space between vans. I also stayed in one of the cabins and I loved them also.
The owners had a good knowledge of their local, and not so local, area and didn't hesitate to recommend places to me.
There was also a rustic camp kitchen with a tv as well as a slow combustion fire! Loved it!
Thanks for everything you guys. Margaret Smith

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Margaret S
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed in a 'luxury ensuite cabin' for one night while passing through town for work. While the term 'luxury' is in the eye of the beholder, the cabin was a really lovely stop for an overnight stay.

The cabin was spotlessly clean,

The owners had turned the heating on in anticipation of my arrival, which was a really nice touch. I was quite a late arrival, so they had turned the fridge and heating off again thinking I was a no-show, but it was nice to come into a warm cabin on a wet and very windy night.

The cabin was furnished with well chosen Ikea furniture -the bed was probably the most comfortable one I had on my whole WA trip. The TV is a lovely wide-screen with really good picture quality.

While on the Albany Highway, I wasn't bothered at all by the noise... indeed, I found the park to be serenely quiet... especially through the night. Its a lot nicer waking up to the view of the eucalyptus trees from the cabin than a stuffy hotel room.

Room Tip: Choose the 4 star cabins... the nicest accommodation in the caravan park.