“Loved Mt Barker Van Pk.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Barker
Mt Barker Caravan Park & Cabin Accommodation
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was in Mt Barker WA last year. I really like this park, and having travelled nearly 20,000 kms, around WA and SA I think I know a goodie from a baddie.
The couple who run this park were very helpful, efficient, and just plain nice. Both the lady and her husband were both really good to deal and friendly to deal with.
The Amenities block here were without a doubt THE cleanest I came across and were a good size. Some of the parks I stayed in - man! it was even hard to get dressed cos they were so small and nasty. But not here - Every day there was even clean bathmats folded neatly over the rail. Bathmats!!! Yep - there were.
There were lovely trees, and plenty of space between vans. I also stayed in one of the cabins and I loved them also.
The owners had a good knowledge of their local, and not so local, area and didn't hesitate to recommend places to me.
There was also a rustic camp kitchen with a tv as well as a slow combustion fire! Loved it!
Thanks for everything you guys. Margaret Smith

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Margaret S

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed in a 'luxury ensuite cabin' for one night while passing through town for work. While the term 'luxury' is in the eye of the beholder, the cabin was a really lovely stop for an overnight stay.

The cabin was spotlessly clean,

The owners had turned the heating on in anticipation of my arrival, which was a really nice touch. I was quite a late arrival, so they had turned the fridge and heating off again thinking I was a no-show, but it was nice to come into a warm cabin on a wet and very windy night.

The cabin was furnished with well chosen Ikea furniture -the bed was probably the most comfortable one I had on my whole WA trip. The TV is a lovely wide-screen with really good picture quality.

While on the Albany Highway, I wasn't bothered at all by the noise... indeed, I found the park to be serenely quiet... especially through the night. Its a lot nicer waking up to the view of the eucalyptus trees from the cabin than a stuffy hotel room.

Room Tip: Choose the 4 star cabins... the nicest accommodation in the caravan park.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank aussieboy85
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I travelled down to stay in Mt Barker for three nights on a climbing trip. I visited on the 28th - 30th March. I was travelling cheap so i was staying in a tent on the tent sites. There was plenty of grass and the ground was nice and soft.
The camp kitchen was basic and rustic but they were serviceable. The toilets and showers were clean and well looked after which made using them a pleasure. Since it was a long weekend it did get busy but it was never overloaded and there was always room in the kitchen. The manager was polite and firm and indicated that she did not tolerate mischief. I liked the sound of that.
The climbing in the Porongorups was hard so a nice campsite was very welcome.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

The park is grassy and shady and the caravan bays are generously large, each with a concrete pad. Cleanest toilet block I have EVER seen in a caravan park. Unfortunately there is a lot of road noise as it's right on the Albany highway. Most importantly, it is dog friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank tessagirrl
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We recently had to return to the town on family business,6adults and 3children under 6.The proprietors juggled cabins for us and we were able to enjoy our 2night stay together.The grasses areas are well maintained so children can play safely,the playground is well looked after.The ensuites are large and the laundry facilities were much appreciated by one part of our group who had been camping for a week,the barBQ while basic are functional as are the outside tables and chairs.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rosemary P

Been to Mt Barker Caravan Park & Cabin Accommodation? Share your experiences!