“Stayed in a yurt !”
Review of Nomads Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Barker
Nomads Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 4 Mount Barker B&B and Inns
“Stayed in a yurt !”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We got to stay in the yurt and it was a wonderful experience. Very comfortable. Having said that we stayed during Spring. Also we were the only others in the yurt. As the site has at least two other yurts. Great hospitality and the scenery was amazing! Enjoyed the farm animals and kangaroos. Highly recommended and would stay again

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Kimchees
aussie_robyn13, Owner at Nomads Guesthouse, responded to this review, October 19, 2015
I have finally been reading the reviews & wanted to thank you for your lovely review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Margaret River Wine Region
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I booked this amazing B & B for 2 nights. Due to the wonderful welcome, I received from Robyn and Vince and the healthy cooked breakfast including homemade fruit compote and jams, I decided to stay for 4 and wished I could have stayed longer. My host and hostess were very interesting and attentive and from the moment Vince met me at the car I felt very welcome. The Yurt I stayed in was very clean, bright comfortable and peaceful. There are other sleeping options as well. I will bring friends next time and we will book a Yurt and the Chalet giving everyone the opportunity to experience both sleeping options but I am sure that we will spend all our time relaxing inside and outside the Yurt. The grounds of the B and B are home to a most beautiful dog, birds, kangaroos, sheep, a lizard and guinea fowl. I enjoyed sitting quietly outside listening to the chatter of the native birds while being kept company by the kangaroos. There is a gallery to wander thorugh and a BBQ if you are inclined to cook. I spent 3 weeks in Southern West Australia and have visited many Bed and Breakfast venues but this one is at the top of my list. If you don't know what a Yurt is, check out Nomads website and then make a booking via through Robyn. If you have never seen a winter hat made from pure dog fur, ask Vince if he will show you the one Robyn spun for him. Incredible! My memories of this fabulous Bed and Breakfast will stay with me forever.

Room Tip: Choose the Yurt for the experience of a lifetime, or the Chalet for its familiar comfort or the upst...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
I have just been reading the reviews & have to say sorry for the late response but thank you for the glowing report. We are happy you enjoyed your stay.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed here on a weekend for a friend of mine's birthday (who lives in MB). Such a wonderful B&B, I will be definetely coming back here on countless times. We stayed in the chalet, and it was incredible. the owners are so friendly and they have animals roaming around the land (although I think they are forced to remove the kangaroos soon). A wonderful experience I had here with my partner. It's in a great location, within walking distance of the local IGA and the town centre. I would highly recommend this to everyone. They had great heating inside (the weekend we stayed was freezing). I cannot think of any negatives this place had. very lovely and the yurts were very cool, especially when the owners gave us a tour of their property. Very friendly people to approach, they were easy going to, they rang us up to confirm when we would be arriving (which we thought was kind, and we did arrive in the dark). They are very easy with the checkout time (as long as someone doesnt want the room for the next night). They said we could leave at the latest at 7 or even later), it's better than the ongoing stress of trying to get out of rooms by 10 or 12. Very lovely, would strongly recommend.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jrobby
Have just read you lovely review. Even though I`m behind in "years" I still want to thank you.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Just got back from WA 2 weeks ago.Highly recommend this place with feedback as follows:
1) Reasonable price for a family of 5
2)Comfortable beds with a hugh bathroom that is clean and hotel style
3)Very friendly host Robyn & Vince
4)Free entrance to their very own Mongolia Museum where you will be amazed by he treasure they collected
5)Amazed by the apple ,pear and olive tree that we never tasted such sweet home grown apples before
6)Experience farm stay with their favourite pet Mongolia pet dog and kangaroo,sheeps,goat,hens,etc.
Bet you guys will enjoy your stay .Do bring insect repellent along to drive away the unwelcome insects which is unforseen.

Room Tip: For small family and depend on season,during the cold weather do give Mongolia Yurt a try.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tayfamily
Pemberton Australia
Reviewed August 10, 2011

There can't be many yurts in Western Australia - moveable dwellings used by nomadic people in the Steppes of Central Asia - but at Nomad's Guesthouse in Mount Barker there are two for guest accommodation. They are big, round and cosy and we spent two comfortable nights in one. The owners, Robyn and Vince, were friendly and informative and gave us substantial breakfasts, complete with home made preserves. Robyn cares for orphaned kangaroos and little Coffee, 12 months old, was always around usually looking for food. Their beautiful and happy Chow, Saibin, greeted us like old friends. Vince, who has travelled extensively in Asia, has amassed a substantial collection of oriental artefacts which are on show, and for sale at reasonable prices. There are many Buddhas and statues and many other smaller items and it took a considerable time to look at everything. He spoke knowledgeably and enthusiastically about his trips to the East.
Nomads is ideally situated for exploring all the diverse activities and sights in the Great Southern.
The nature of the yurt, being a large, round room, precludes the possibility of an ensuite and the short walk to the bathroom in the main house was chilly in the middle of the night (night temperatures can be quite low at this time of year) but the view of the stars in the clear sky and the prospect of returning to a warm and very comfortable bed made the necessary trip worthwhile.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Merrilegs66
aussie_robyn13, Owner at Nomads Guesthouse, responded to this review, October 17, 2016
Thanks for the fantastic review. Coffee was released but clung to his security towel for many weeks until one of the big boys cam over and shredded his towel. Coffee decided he had no choice but to join the wild. He`s out at Uralla Wildlife Sanctuary in the wild.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 15, 2010

I have been to Nomads Guest House with my family since Nov 2008. It was a great place to stay. The rooms were great and clean and most of all the owners are friendly. Vince was a great cook, till now we still missed his cooking. Due to young children travelling with us Vince willing to cater dinner for us. Price were reasonable and we made the right choice to have homecooked foods. Great time that we have together with the owner. Breakfast was great too. You can also choose to stay in Mongolian Yurt too. Kids will love this place as animals are friendly too like the owner. Robyn was very nice, friendly and helpful right from day one during my booking. Through our stayed and now we became friends. What I can said the owners were animals lover. In order to experience what we had encountered, stay with Nomads Guest House if you are here in Mt Barker.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank JoyceAw40
Hi Joyce. 2010 is long gone but we have not forgotten you & thank you for the lovely review.
Perth
Reviewed April 3, 2010

I stayed with my 3 children, 13yrs, 4yrs and 3 yrs, in one of the Mongolian Yurts. It was the best place I have ever stayed. And I have stayed in some poshy places.
The Yurt, was warm, EXTREMELY comfortable, EXTREMELY clean and the kind of place I would definately stay again. The bedding was 2nd to none, and the sleep was the best I have had in years. No sore back in the mornings like you get in most hotels/motels.
The place was colourful and the kids thought they were in fairy land with all the colours around them. As an adult, I found it uplifting, relaxing and cheerful. The owners were fabulous and nothing was too hard for them to cater for. The property was open spaces, LOVELY pets and some of the best fruit I have tasted, came straight from their orchards.
It was close to town and sightseeing without it being like you were in the "thick of things".
Fresh rainwater made the morning coffees a pleasure. The Chinese Gallery was amazing to wonder through. The outdoor kitchen was clean, athough very basic (gas cooking or BBQ) and nice to sit with a glass of local wine or beer and to have the wildlife, kangarroos, birds and the pet dog visit in the mornings, reminded me of what we miss living in the city. I would recommend Nomads, either the Bed and Breakfast, chalet or Yurts, whatever takes your fancy to anyone looking at staying in Mt Barker..And its not far from Albany. I have added some pics of our stay, but my photos dont do justice to what we experienced. Nomads is great for romantic couples as well as people with kids.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Syn73
Thank you for the long ago lost review. The dog, Saibin is still meeting & greeting. The kangaroos still come in to be cared for after loosing their mums. We still get some fruit off our orchard, even though we have to share it with all the parrots. Not much has changed here & we still remember all the guests that have stayed with us.

Been to Nomads Guesthouse? Share your experiences!