“average food”

The Truffle & Wine Co
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Manjimup
Cuisines: French, Italian, Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This company has a restaurant, wine cellar door and also truffle tours. They are also the largest producer of truffles in the Southern Hemisphere.
Singapore, Singapore
“average food”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Came here for lunch after reading loads of great reviews. Hmm Not sure if i ordered the wrong dishes but they sure ain't spectacular. Maybe i had too high expectations of the food.

I must say that the service is pretty good. The wait staffs are warm and nice. I had the duck. The duck is fine. Rather moist. I didn't like the mash though. It was really dry.

The fries are nice with the truffle aioli. My husband had the smoked chicken which was suppose to be an entree but we requested for it to be the main. It was served cold ( i guess it is meant to be cold). Not much taste to it. Not great at all.

The cellar is not bad. We bought some wines. Pretty nice. Bought some truffle butter and truffle oil. The lady at the cellar door is really nice.

• Visited October 2013

WA
“To Delicious For Words”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Visited "Cucina Tartufo" and had the best meal I've had since moving to Western Australia!!! Being an ex-Melbournite its been hard to find the excellent - value for money food options I'm used to. Well now there is one! The Chef Lea Cutting was pleasant and her menu was very creative. Truffles were featured in each course in a delightful way. For those who have yet to experience truffles, it's a perfect way to try them! The cafe was pleasant and the staff were very accomodating. Our wine was purchased from the Cellar next door (at a reaonable cost) and presented to our table with little fuss. What was meant to be a fly by visit - with my sister from Melbourne turned into a long luxurious five course feast (we couldn't decide on somethings so sampled many). A must visit for all Foodies when heading down south in WA.

1 Thank Jane J
“Worth sniffing out!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I had a great visit to The Wine and Truffle Co. Out family was warmly welcomed in the shop/winery area by a pleasant and chatty fellow. I did some truffle and wine tastings, some really nice stuff and I bought some oils and wines. Cafe has a lovely view and a good menu with some nice seasonal specials. I had a special - confit of duck with veges. Absolutely beautiful. My lunch guests had pumpkin soup and also Italian sausages with mash, sprouts etc. I nibbled at both meals and they were Tasty and well-prices. The service was lovely, very friendly and the takeaway coffees were tip top. Recommended!

1 Thank Zharzi
Brendan N, Administration Support Manager at The Truffle & Wine Co, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Hi Zhari, thank you for your wonderful review and for taking the time to visit our property. We hope to see you and your friends again soon!
“No better than a local bakery, not worth the drive”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We were very excited about visiting the wine and truffle co restaurant and cellar door, but sadly the food left a lot to be desired. The wine tasting was great and the lady was friendly but was out of touch with the current menu of the time and talked us through a different menu.
When we went into the cafe we ordered a glass of wine only to be told that we had to buy a bottle from the cellar door and they would supply a glass, what sort of winery doesn't even sell glasses of wine in their own restaurant?
I ordered the merlot and beef pie and to be honest, I've had many much better pies at bakeries, it was bland and the meat was dry, and there was hardly any meat anyway. The astronomical price of $28 must have been for the label of 'truffle' mash, a simple mash coated in truffle salt, very disappointing. My husband had a rubbery duck breast, for $36. We both left feeling like we'd just wasted a lot of money, don't go there for a great lunch, regardless of how much the word truffle is thrown around!

1 Thank ree-192
I am sorry to hear that your experience was not as positive as the majority of our visitors.

The day you visited was the very first day of the new menu and staff were not as familiar with the menu as the should be. Lea, the chef and proprietor has taken this on board and will go to extra lengths in menu training with future menu releases.

Purchasing wine via the cellar door and then taking it to the cafe as BYO is a result of liquor licensing complications, and isn't that uncommon (think about how regularly you have to "order from the bar" in other establishments). We definately would like to improve this situation and have been working on it with Racing Gaming and Liquor for some time.

As for the meals I am very surprised that you thought that they were sub quality. I personally think that they are delicuious and the mash contains plenty of truffle which is very visible and carries the flavour beautifully. I know it can be awkward, but if you ever feel that a meal is not of high standard you should let the chef know and allow them to rectify the situation. Most people praise the dishes you have criticised, perhaps there was an issue on the day.

Thank you for your feedback, there are a couple of valid points that you mention that we have and will continue to address. Once again I am sorry that you feel poorly about your visit though I can assure you that this is not the typical feeling that the absolute majority of visitors have.
Bangkok, Thailand
“Delicious truffle lunch”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We loved the delicious food - the truffle cream gnocchi were yummy, as well as the duck confit and the truffle plate. The kids' food was amazing too - truffle mash? First time I've ever seen on a kids' menu and delicious! Nice touches that the kids had crayons and marron/truffle dog colouring sheets too. Even better was the wine tasting next door, BYO wine (which we duly tasted & bought), and the roaring fire on a cold day.

Visited August 2013