“Best ever shakes!!”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stopping here is definately the highlight of our trip between Albany & Perth. The decor is of a high standard & the toilets are so very clean. The chicken focaccia is always very good but the star of the show are their shakes (they put real fruit in them), absolutely fantastic, especially the mango & passion fruit. If only shakes every where else were to this standard. Well done Black Cockatoo!!!!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stopped for lunch on our way back to Perth. My husband and I both had the Waygyu burger and fries. I asked if I could have the sweet potato fries instead of the usual potato ones. The burger was outstanding and the bun, fresh and tasty. What a lovely surprise as most of the smaller places have a very limited range of food. The standard was excellent, friendly staff and prompt service. The cafe was nicely decorated, comfortable and very clean. Nice to know when we next go to Albany.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

But as a quick pit-stop on the Perth-Albany run it was pretty useless as the queue was massive and the coffee took ages.

If you plan to hang around then fair enough, the cafe decor is way above the standard I would expect in country WA and the menu looked pretty nice actually.

Coffee is never going to win any awards but its decent.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We (4 adults) stopped for lunch on the way to Albany from Perth. It was the perfect distance for a break. We had eaten there once before and remembered how good it was and we were not disappointed. The standard is excellent and consistent. The food is good quality, well presented and delicious. The service was friendly and quick. There is a lovely rose maze also to have a quick walk before continuing your journey. Next door there is a tourist shop and small interesting museum.
Heading south it is at the end of the town on the left just off the main road. There is ample parking .
The washrooms were spotless. All in all a pleasant place to stop.

2  Thank travelman033
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We were a party of 6, stopping off, for a bite to eat on the way back from Albany to Bunno.
My friends thoroughly recommend the angus beef foccacia, and my husband can recommend the lamb and mint foccacia, my chicken and mango salad was heaven on a plate.
The rose's were all blooming and were absolutely beautiful and a pleasure to look at while eating.
My husband can also recommend the passion fruit and mango milk shake....wow, this is truly how milk shake's should taste, creamy thick and flavoursome....
Your truly missing out if you don't visit this place...Oh and GREAT coffee to boot:-)

3  Thank NicolaUsa