Woodchester B & B
All reviewseggsfruitone nightgreat breakfastplace to stayhome away from homedining roomrosemarygardenensuitedogcerealcharactertownaccommodationsilverwarecups
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights for work in the town. The proprietors are lovely, helpful and really respect your privacy. However, when you need them they are on call.

My room was the blue room and had everything needed for a comfortable stay. The room was spotless and well appointed. A nice size tv, DVD player and even a selection of movies.

Breakfast was generous and much of the produce comes from the owner's gardens which are really worth taking a wander around.

A very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank 2and4makes6
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed overnight in Katanning on business and opted to stay in a B&B. Although located just off the main road, the B&B is charming. After a quick tour of my room, I did not get a chance to see Rosemary again but Eric played host at a magnificent breakfast (continental and/or cooked) and showed me around the garden and property. The 'blue room' had two beds, a small ensuite and a small 'sunroom' overlooking the garden. The room was immaculate and comfortable. Only complaint would be the harsh ringing of the phone down the corridor which was loud enough to startle a weary traveller! I would stay here again. It was clean, comfortable and good value for money. And, most of all I'd love another chat with Eric on sustainable gardening!

Room Tip: Had a tour of the other rooms, but if I stay again, I'd choose the blue room. It was nicely decorated and the sunroom was an added bonus.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Dee L
Reviewed April 5, 2013

With the regular motels booked out I ended up staying one night at this very pleasant B&B right in the middle of Katanning. I stayed in the outside "granny flat" which was warm and cosy and decorated in very old style.
Bed was comforatble and apart from few animal sounds from early moning birds had a very relaxing stay.
Breakfast was also very nice and would recommendd this as late5rnative to staying in motels in Katanning.
Was made welcome on arrival and very friendly dog there too

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank rwe003
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife had to spend a couple of days in Katanning for work and this time I was able to accompany her. We spent one night in the Woodchester B&B and it was both comfortable and pleasant. Our hosts, Rosemary and Eric MacFarland, made us feel at home and even took the time to show us around their quite magificent property which is like a gracious rural homestead but just five or so minutes walk from the town centre. The gardens are beautifully kept and the inside of the house is immaculately clean and neat. There are two guest rooms in the house and there is the Garden Room, where we stayed, which is a self-contained out building. The breakfast is a beauty. The service and standard of facilitites is the equal, if not better, than that found in any higher end B&B in Britain. Oh, and don't be frightened of the dog. Woody looks like he could swallow you whole but all he wants to do is play.

Room Tip: The Garden Room is very private; just make sure you don't let the dog in.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Gerard C
Reviewed October 27, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this superb B & B and loved every minute of it. The room was large with its own ensuite and sunroom/TV room. I am very fussy about cleanliness and we found the room, house and gardens very pristine.

We were offered both a continental and cooked breakfast. My husband had both and I had the cooked breakfast. My mouth is still watering at the thought of it. We were served, among other delectable items, stewed fruit made from fruit out of the garden, freshly laid eggs, compliments of Rosemary and Eric's hens and the bread was home made.

Rosemary showed us around her gardens and vegetable patch, explained things to us and was also a font of information about Katanning and surrounding areas. She was very kind and patient and was open to all sorts of questions.

The house is very interesting inside and out and the decor and antiques a joy to behold. Chester the dog is gorgeous and a lot of fun.

Thanks Rosemary and Eric for a wonderful stay and sharing your home with us.

Have fun.

Brigitte and Trevor

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank Brigitte23