“Better than expected”

Kalamunda Hotel
Ranked #17 of 30 Restaurants in Kalamunda
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Australian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Better than expected”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I had read the negative reviews and expected the worst. The gentleman on the phone was rude and not helpful when I rang to book and when we arrived didn't even have our booking. However, our lovely waitress Annika, made up for all that and I was feeling better about the place even before we ordered the food. Two of our four had the generous pork belly and 'quite enjoyed it'. I had the chicken and Brie parcel and loved it. Even shared it with my sister and husband and they loved it as well. Service was prompt and even though they were out of some things, were very polite and apologetic. My sister and her husband have recently moved to Kalamunda so we will be back.

• Visited October 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wednesday Special”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Great tasty steak for $17 Wednesday night special! The service was quick and the staff were friendly. The steak came with a fresh salad with a very nice dressing, plus chips - the usual pub fare. A good night that was easy on the pocket.

Visited October 2013
Perth, Australia
“A good place for a small function”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The atmosphere of the hotel seems to be varied between areas. If you're part of a small function and use the courtyard area, it seems private, yet you can access other areas as well. Finger food catering is basic...needs more variety and vegetarian options. A fruit platter to finish would be nice.

• Visited March 2013
Perth, Australia
“Lovely setting, great food and nice drinks”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went for a drive to the Perth hills and stopped by in at the Kalamunda Hotel for lunch one day and were pleased with everything from the food menu, drinks selection, prices and the atmosphere. When the food came out to our table we're surprised at the generous and tasty serving.

It's a casual pub setting with a courtyard at the front. Overall it was great and whenever we're in the area we can safely say we'll be back again and would recommend to others.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank MelissaP536
“My Lady was wrong”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My Lady friend always told me that the Kalamunda Hotel was a little too Bogan, so on my first 4 visits to Perth we had never gone there. This last time she relented to my requests (it reminds me of the little mining hotel in Pilgrim's Rest)...and although it was a little chilly on the patio, the fish...forget exactly what the dish is called - apparently one of the favourite pub dishes in Aus...was excellent. Chips were good and crisp and the ale was just right. I shall return!

Visited July 2013