Potshot Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbottle shopexmouth dive centreback packerspool barown bathroomdive shopstayed in a bedroom apartmentthe kitchenmiddle of towncleaned dailycentral locationsmall poolnight staycomfy bedgreat facilitiesstayed here for nightsningaloo reef
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed in Exmouth/Coral bay for 1 week, we mostly stayed in caravan parks and cheap accommodation. For our last night in exmouth we decided to splash out and book a 1 Bedroom King/Spa Room for $256 per night in one of the Osprey apartments. The room itself was nice, very spacious and clean. But I was very disappointed when I went to run a spa bath and there was NO HOT WATER! The reason we spent the extra money on the room was because it had a spa bath. I feel ripped off.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shana_lee111
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We dined there recently, the meals were nice if not overly cheap. We were very disappointed to find when paying and not advised beforehand, that the bastards charge a 1.5% fee for paying by eftpos. For credit we can understand but for eftpos as well? For the prices they charge, surely card fees should be included. Most other businesses include card fees in their price.
Crooks

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank bill b
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Having been in the mining industry for 20 years my pet hate is paper thin walls.. More than a pet hate.. Luckily only had the 1 night out of 4 where someone was adjacent. Well one side had ensuites back to back so was no issue. For $145 a night u should get better.
Room itself was fine. Staff fine. Pub great. Food good.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank ezywalker
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We moved from the Novotel due to holidays turning into work for my hubby. We were originally given room 125 at Osprey, but due to the lack of kitchen facilities we were moved to 225 at no extra charge. Thank you. Room 125 needs a thorough clean with more than vinegar ! The shower was over the spa bath and there was no shower curtain. It didn't take long to work out why the cabinetry is so water damaged as the water went everywhere. Added to this is the severe falls risk trying to climb over the top of the spa edge to get out. Be careful.
Moving to 225 was more of the same, it needs scrubbing and a thorough clean. The towels; bathroom and beach, are threadbare and the bed linen despite being clean is often stained and not appealing or reassuring. I gave up trying to clean the BBQ and purchased bakers paper instead to protect our food before use. The air conditioner in the bedroom leaks water, not a drip, a stream of water was visibly going down the wall,onto the floor and under the bed. When we contacted reception we were told maintenance had gone for the day (nor did anyone check the next day), it happens all the time and did we need dry bed linen because it normally wets the bed too !!!
The advertising photos for Potshots I suspect were taken many visitors ago as they do not match the current view.
The motel is close to town, in fact I walked in quite a few times to get groceries, have a pedicure, massage etc. which I think is this places selling point. The pools, yes I checked all 3, need some work. The blue pool paint has worn away leaving the concrete exposed and despite them being clean they do not look as appealing. They would be great in summer as they're protected by the sun but are freezing for this time of year. Also be aware the pool near the restaurant has a broken catch on the fence. The rust was evident and I could not activate the lock. Staff shrugged. Children would not be safe.
Outside our room was the storage cupboard for linen. Staff need to do their job but it's incredibly noisy having doors slam many times throughout the day due to "cleaning" in progress and the need to stack and store linen.
Accommodation is lacking in Exmouth and Potshots appear to be complacent due to this.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nalpick
Reviewed May 31, 2014

The last time we stayed here was a couple of years ago when we were in a cabin, one step up from the backpackers. It was good for what it was and, since it was a holiday weekend, we were lucky to find anywhere. This time we stayed in one of the apartments, which I felt looked nice the last time we were there. They are nice and the two bedroom apartment we stayed in was very clean and comfortable. It was deserving of every one of the three stars it claimed. I have stayed in 4 star places which were a lot worse. Food was nice and well presented in a nice setting beside the small pool.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family