Open today: 6:30 AM - 6:30 PM

via mobile
A very special experience

Reviewed 1 week ago
DayTrip26817800072

All reviews hour flight microlight flight micro light flying experience manta rays sd card long flight awesome pilot great flight cape range amazing experience flying high top bloke visiting exmouth breathtaking views birthday present super fun
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

We just landed after the best flight ever! I came to Exmouth to see all the beautiful sea life around the Ningaloo reef. I have to admit, I planned on diving, snorkeling and swimming but it had never crossed my mind to experience the reef from above, but I'm so glad I did! The microlight planes were so fun, the views were absolutely stunning, we saw manta rays, sharks, dolphins and SO MANY TURTLES! I would strongly advise going for the 1 hour flight around the reef, as the half hour onky goes around the gulf (still an amazing flight experience, but not as much wildlife available to view from above) I flew with Lakey in phoenix, while my partner flew with Gav in Raven, both pilots were knowledgeable and professional when discussing the flight, but absolutely hilarious at any other time. We love the fact that your whole journey is also documented on the go pro on the wing :D I can't say enough good things about the experience, the business is also doing so much good for the community by training teenagers to fly. Do not miss this opportunity if you come to Exmouth!

Reviewed 1 week ago

What an experience, we would recommend anyone to do this flight. We booked this after seeing the website and the reviews and boy we were not disappointed. When we arrived Nigel was apprehensive about going up, but was reassured by Mal and Lakey. What a fantastic feeling , we first flew over the cape range np, then out onto the reef, sweeping down low to spot all that the reef has to offer. We saw saw sharks, rays, turtles and even a sea snake. An amazing and unforgettable experience, and one that we shall always remember.Thankyou to all the crew for helping to make our holiday so special.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

If there is one thing you do in life.. make sure it’s this!! Going up in a microlight aircraft is probably as close to being a bird as you’ll ever get. It has been howling wind up here at Exmouth the last few days but The heavens delivered with the wind dropping to almost nothing a half hour before we took off and it was the most magical experience. To see this diverse landscape from the air is beyond words. My pilot Mal even let me take control! So so so cool!!! We saw hundreds of turtles, tiger sharks, massive eagle rays and the boys saw dugongs and humpbacks!!!! He even cut the engine and we glided into some huge dips and turns. I was absolutely giddy with the thrill of it.
Can’t thank our pilots, Mal & Pete enough and would highly recommend this experience to anyone!! Absolutely blew my mind

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After diving and snorkelling the Ningaloo review for days I decided its time to see it from above. And wow honestly the best decision I have made. Absolutely amazing! Will be honest and my father didn't want me as he thought it was too unsafe, but even he was amazed at the pictures and what I saw. Gav is amazing and his knowledge is great! I did the one hour flight and I could of done longer easily. We saw a humpback whale and her calf, hundreds of turtles, manta rays and a few sharks. Do yourself a favour and do it. I thought seeing the water from in and under it was enough, but I am so glad I decided to do this. I don't think I will ever see anything like it again. Thank you for the best experience

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Much better than your regular scenic flight as it feels like you're really flying. Gav the pilot was really nice and professional and you couldn't hep but share his enthusiasm. The views are spectacular and you can see everything from turtles to whales to rays and tiger sharks (and a whale carcass!). Certainly suggest trying it.

Reviewed October 9, 2018

Do not hesitate to book this. We opted for the 1 hour flight and it was definitely the right choice, more than worth it. It was one of our top experiences of our 2+ years travelling. We knew it was going to be amazing but it still exceeded our expectations. From the air you can see both sides of the cape, amazing patterns of canyons, stunning coastline and incredibly clear insanely blue waters. You will fly high and low and circle any marine life, we saw humpbacks, dolphins, many turtles, rays, sharks and the reef looks amazing from above. The team are professional yet super fun and friendly, really personable and added to the experience. My partner and I both did it and we were able to fly at the same time - separate microlights, tandem with instructor.
They have a GoPro camera on the wing which will take wide photos of you and the surrounding scenery every 10/20 seconds so you end up with 100’s of photos and they give you these on an SD card to keep for free, fantastic. You also get a free magnet and stubby holder. You even get to choose what music you like to listen to in flight.
Its such a different, great feeling to be open to the elements while flying. Maybe take some motion sickness tablets if you suffer with this especially if its a windy day like it was for us.
The cherry on top is having the chance to actually take hold of the wing control of the microlight and have a go at flying it yourself!
You can take one camera on the flight with you as long as it has a neck strap!
Do this!

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

We didn’t plan to do this, we find this by hazard but it was one of the best experience of my life! It’s a must do in Exmouth: flying above the Ningaloo reef, seeing whales dolphins tortles and sharks with a great staff that makes this trip the best way to explore this region ! And the sensation in the aircraft are unique, we took the one hour flight ( above the cayon of Cape Range and the reef) we even had the chance to control the aircraft: sensational !
Thanks again Birds Eyes

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

I just had a sensational 60 minute flight in a microlight with experienced pilot, Mal. Amazing views and great hospitality. The free stubby cooler was an added bonus. Highly recommend this when in Exmouth.
Thanks for a great arvo.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

If you get a chance to fly with these blokes... do it. What an awesome experience they provide. Paul, my pilot, was a top bloke, easy to get along with and very knowledgeable as well. I took the 1.5 hour flight and loved every moment of it, seeing alot of see life from the air is just somethinng else, and being able to take camera's on board, Paul made every effort to give me the shot! Seriously, if your there, go see these bloke, its an experience you wont forget or regret!!

Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

I can only recommend Birds Eye View! What’s a fabulous experience and a great way to see Ningaloo coast and surrounds. I saw loads of sea life and finally my first dugong. Gaven was a fantastic pilot and made my time in the ultralight fun and memorable. Thanks Gaven & the crew at Birds Eye View!
Bernie