“Uninterested staff”

Milyering Visitor Centre
Ranked #12 of 57 things to do in Exmouth
Reviewed July 9, 2013

If you commit to working with customer services you ought to be prepared for all sorts of questions and we felt that the staff at the tourist center was not in the mood to provide good information. My husband asked about the 4x4 trails and the lady was very reticent and not informative at all. This service must be hugely improved and with a choice of people really interested in providing information, no matter how weird some questions may be. Very disappointed.

1  Thank Eliana d
"turquoise bay"
in 7 reviews
"all ages"

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is the place to get all you info on Cape Range NP. Good displays of the native wildlife etc, and a gift shop with plenty of interesting things, snorkelling gear, drinks etc.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This centre was well laid out, and had some interesting items, especially the dangerous exhibits in jars. Unfortunately it just didn't have the 'something' most other visitor centers have - a vibrancy, an energy? I don't know. We visited the park a number of times, but the visitor centre only once. Shame, as I think it has great potential.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Opportunity Missed! The visitor centre has a reasonable display and overly-expensive coffee but it could be much more enticing and offer visitors more information about the national park.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The visitor centre itself is OK but I regret to say I found the staff lacking some interest. Especially if I compare to the much friendlier Exmouth visitor center.
They were not rude but also not friendly and informative.
We had had some days of bad weather so I noticed a lot of visitors were asking the same questions about when it would stop raining. They had to repeat the same answers over and over again and I could see they weren't loving it. But hey, that's part of the job.
I work in customer service myself and I know it is hard to keep your smile when you're having a bad day but come one, Cape Range is such a beaufiful place to work so why not smile a little more ???

2  Thank RENARDANTWERP